The Search

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think it's as dire as Mbob possibly losing his job, but interesting question:

People keep making the point that Football is still king here so if the AD messes up the Basketball hire, is that enough for him to lose his job?

Also, Pat Kelsey's trajectory is very similar to those of mid-major guys that get hired, so he wouldn't be a bad choice if it comes down to it.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
If we really missed on drew....I would want USC's coach who is not likely, my boy Ron Hunter( I know all of you hate him), or king rice.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
In an attempt to play devil's advocate, MBob has played this entire series of events very close to the vest. Not many people are privy to his direction or intentions. Not saying he didn't lose out on Drew, or cause Capel to back out, but there is a shot he pulls this off, or is operating efficiently behind the scenes. Before we start calling for his head, we should wait until a hire is actually made.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think it's as dire as Mbob possibly losing his job, but interesting question:

People keep making the point that Football is still king here so if the AD messes up the Basketball hire, is that enough for him to lose his job?

Also, Pat Kelsey's trajectory is very similar to those of mid-major guys that get hired, so he wouldn't be a bad choice if it comes down to it.
.594 winning percentage in 4 seasons at Winthrop with zero postseason appearances. Yea, no thanks.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
In an attempt to play devil's advocate, MBob has played this entire series of events very close to the vest. Not many people are privy to his direction or intentions. Not saying he didn't lose out on Drew, or cause Capel to back out, but there is a shot he pulls this off, or is operating efficiently behind the scenes. Before we start calling for his head, we should wait until a hire is actually made.

What's the Fun in that?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

image.jpeg