The Search

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
MBob now needs to go get Marshall or Jay Wright or this board will go into meltdown mode.

I think you over-estimate the number and passion of GT basketball fans. Far too many have been burned out by the reckless running of the program over the last 10 (or so) years, and many (like myself) watch with mild interest but no where enough passion to worry much about the whole thing. You lost me back at automatic rollover.....MBob may or may not realize this. Not sure if Peterson cares that much either.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Something changed since Saturday bc on Saturday morning every damn GT source I know was saying the same thing that Drew was a done deal and even assembling a staff. Wtf!!!!!!

Well, iirc, Valpo PR and Valpo's radio voice both came out on Saturday denying Drew to GT. It seemed like we acted on a misunderstanding to cut-loose on Capel.

Ramblinwreck07

Jolly Good Fellow
You don't fire Gregory with 2 years left to pay and then get turned down by every major candidate. This looks very bad. Hopefully MBob can save this and make a great hire. Doubtful

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
image.jpeg

This is me, being completely not shocked by what has transpired.

I now expect Mike Jarvis Eddie Jordan or Paul Westhead to be named our coach tomorrow.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Please.

Al Harrington
Austin Jackson
Dion Glovers knee
Robert Carter
R'Sean Dickey
Travis Spivey being a scumbag
Glen Rice Jr
The coach who was with Glen Rice Jr
Paul Hewitt burning the program to the ground
Gregory's buyout reset
Gregory being retained after a terrible year
Gregory being fired after easily his best year
Bobby Parks
Jason Morris' feet

This is GT basketball.

It's never as easy as pick a guy, pay the guy, guy comes, win games.

As the great Al Swearengen said:

"Pain or damage don’t end the world, or despair, or f****** beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man — and give some back."

I look forward to a completely unfulfilling and not exciting hire.