The Search

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Something changed since Saturday bc on Saturday morning every damn GT source I know was saying the same thing that Drew was a done deal and even assembling a staff. Wtf!!!!!!

I know the national writers are now saying Vandy. Are your GT sources now backing away from "Drew to GT" as well?

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
GT is a challenge and a gold mine for a guy willing to take on said challenge.

Vandy pays more and are in an easier conference so, if true, it shldnt be surprising.

Now on Bobbin, well it's his job to NOT have stuff like this happen ... ever.
I think we pay more, but it is split between multiple coaches.

DaBiz

Georgia Tech Fan
Something changed since Saturday bc on Saturday morning every damn GT source I know was saying the same thing that Drew was a done deal and even assembling a staff. Wtf!!!!!!

Exactly...Saturday is when Vandy got involved after not being top of their list; a ploy to sweeten the deal is what most thought.

If he does indeed flip then MBob will likely be asked to pack his office.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This is a disaster. Drew looks afraid of ACC, but embarrassing for GT for sure. Hope MBob has something up his sleeve... King Rice? Jay Larranega ?

Thought the CBG hire was the exception (Mooney etc not interested) perhaps times have changed more than we thought, GT is like the BC job and worse than Klempson, Pitt, NC State... Etc

Tough to stomach [emoji26]

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
Looking at the positives here...

Many considered Drew to be the long-term fix for this program, but if reports are true (that he had an agreement with GT and flipped), then he doesn't seem to be the type of long haul fix this program was looking for. Seemed more interested in $ and an easy road to keep his sparkling record in tact?

Let's see how MBob responds to this.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This says nothing about GT as a job. This tells me Vandy overpaid probably which is fine.

Also tells me we need a new AD.

If the names we've seen listed, give me Larranaga (and I've changed on this). Out of the box, NBA ties, good rep.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Although this is embarrassing, consider what Brian Drew did here.. He totally played us. Wow, I did not expect this, and neither would MBob have.

MBob now needs to go get Marshall or Jay Wright or this board will go into meltdown mode.

Ramblinwreck07

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought for sure Capel was the hire, and thought that was a home run. When the Drew news broke for GT, I was not overjoyed but pleased and confident he would be a good hire. Mack, Marshall, Miller, Capel and Drew are all off the list. Who do we turn to now? GT basketball is better than Keats, Larranaga, Kelsey types. We are in the ACC, in Atlanta, in a recruiting hotbed and a proud program with a successful history. Make the right hire, pay the money for it, and put us back on the map.

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
Again, I know this won't make anyone feel better but the majority of ACC coaches have come from small Mid-Major schools or lower-tier power 5 schools.

You never know where the next big one can come from.

gtfan088

Georgia Tech Fan
Again, I know this won't make anyone feel better but the majority of ACC coaches have come from small Mid-Major schools or lower-tier power 5 schools.

You never know where the next big one can come from.

I think that's why we were hoping for Drew.