The Search Reloaded

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thank you AWWBuzz . man the crowd was harsh here . I was and am still generally interested in how this turn out for you . I was not rude to anyone here but received undue backlash like crazy. Yes i want you to take neal, is that happening No i was simply gauging fan interest from your side in noodles and now i have my answer. You want him as much as we do.

With that said ill chime in on who id like as a LOBO next year when noodles is fired. and someone GT should be looking at as well I Think steve forbes not a splash hire but good track record at this point id rather have anyone but noodles and that is sad to see he took our program from relevant to non existent in two seasons

If he passes the smell test relative to his time with Pearl, would 100% take Steve Forbes right now.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Some folks outside the Flats are watching this. I got emails and texts yesterday and today from friends all over the country. Every one was heckling GT and Bozo about this. My buddies are all college hoop fans, so they care about the sport, but none has any connection to Tech. (Stanford, UCLA, Arizona, Duke, UNC, Florida, etc) It's just embarrassing when you cannot hire a coach in less than two weeks. Maybe it's different if your coach quits, but when you fire the guy and you know you're going to do it, and you still have no plan whatsoever......

gtbync

Jolly Good Fellow
In my own opinion, I don't think he has a big fish or small fish. You tell recruits to be patient that they will have a coach within a certain time frame and now that time frame has past. The fan base might can wait but I'm sure the recruits want to know, who will be their next coach.

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
Just because someone on the Swarm said he was not in any one of those cities does not, in any way, mean that he was not in all three. This week.

I saw the White Rabbit kiss the Red Queen this week.

This is not based on anything in posted in Swarm. This is based on some investigative work I have done. May not be right, but was interested to see what other options there were.

[Side Note: Last year I was able to correctly predict Skov was the transfer 4 weeks before it happened with only his weight as the only piece of information available]

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This is not based on anything in posted in Swarm. This is based on some investigative work I have done. May not be right, but was interested to see what other options there were.

[Side Note: Last year I was able to correctly predict Skov was the transfer 4 weeks before it happened with only his weight as the only piece of information available]
I hope you are not four weeks ahead on this one.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I actually believe Bobinski on Martin but it makes you wonder why the SF Chronicle put it out there. Possibly Martin's agent trying to speed things up in contract negotiations?

MTrain94

Georgia Tech Fan
http://m.ajc.com/news/sports/college/californias-cuonzo-martin-not-a-georgia-tech-candi/nq2Fs/

This statement from the AD says it all on this article...

“Trust me, a lot of what has been reported and said has no relation to fact or reality,” he said. “Take that for what it’s worth.”
Agree, definitely was not suggesting Altman was a candidate, just Oregon wound up with a long drawn out search as well. Does not make it anymore more comfortable as ESPNjacket suggests. Just trying to remain with glass is half full.

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm a relatively infrequent poster, but recent alum who follows Tech sports closely. Pretty disappointed with the way the search has gone so far, but holding out hope we can right the ship. Does anyone know why Kelvin Sampson isn't at least being mentioned? Fits the mold of a guy with Power 5 experience (OU, Indiana), has had success...was even able to take a pretty bad Houston program and get them to the NIT. He would likely not be expensive either. C. Martin could be good. What about Tinkle (the Oregon State coach)? Just throwing names around to see what people think of some other guys with Power 5 experience.
Twas a northern state

This is the one.

http://www.goseawolves.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13400&SPID=6356&SPSID=58330

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
Anyone else feel like we're minutes away from this?

giphy.gif

The GT version of groundhog day.