The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I guess I’ve just gotten such a bad taste in my mouth over the inconsistent sizing as a (former) Adidas golf retailer that I can’t get past it. I saw it in everything...inconsistent shirt sizing (style to style, and even within the same style, with shoes...everything.
I've coached soccer for ages and we have always worn Adidas. The guy who does our uniforms has always told me that Adidas sizing varies so much due to the fact that some of their stuff is designed for Europe first and therefore a little smaller, and some of the stuff is made for the American market first and is sized larger......sometimes too big. A lot of our fan wear/football gear falls into this category. Some of the items though were made for soccer team fan wear as well and I bet a lot of that stuff is probably on the European sizing. It does make it hard to know what to get and makes it seem inconsistent.

All that said...Adidas is still my favorite brand. I've used them for team uniforms and footwear for 20 years and have always had a good experience.

Last edited:

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Just an FYI-- the Game Mode Long Sleeve Gold 1/4 Zip has finally shown up as in stock on the bookstore website. Now, is this accurate? Who knows. But I ordered one--will let y'all know if I get a follow up email saying it's backordered....
https://gatech.bncollege.com/shop/g...entCatId=40513&topCatId=40510&imageId=1714207
LARGEIMAGE_1714207.jpg
Finally

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Looks different there. Still nice, but the photo posted earlier looks better.

All of the photos (not actual photos) on the bookstore website appear to be the same "Tech Gold" color, but basically like Russell, the color is not the same on different items/materials. Of course, the lighting from that photo may have made it look lighter, but I believe it probably will be lighter.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I've coached soccer for ages and we have always worn Adidas. The guy who does our uniforms has always told me that Adidas sizing varies so much due to the fact that some of their stuff is designed for Europe first and therefore a little smaller, and some of the stuff is made for the American market first and is sized larger......sometimes too big. A lot of our fan wear/football gear falls into this category. Some of the items though were made for soccer team fan wear as well and I bet a lot of that stuff is probably on the European sizing. It does make it hard to know what to get and makes it seem inconsistent.

All that said...Adidas is still my favorite brand. I've used them for team uniforms and footwear for 20 years and have always had a good experience.

Well I'm American, fat and proud lol. I need American sizing where men are on average 5'10 and 240lbs lol

GRGT96

Georgia Tech Fan
The gold jacket is not waterproof. It may be water repellent in a light drizzle, but it'll be soaked in a rain. A waterproof jacket like this would be at least $150.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
The gold jacket is not waterproof. It may be water repellent in a light drizzle, but it'll be soaked in a rain. A waterproof jacket like this would be at least $150.

That’s what I was trying to say. True waterproofing will not be anywhere near this price point. DWR spray “repellent “ can be, but that’s more or less worthless without a waterproofing membrane under the face fabric.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
Based on the description, its probably the same material that's in the Game Mode shirts and polos, which won't be waterproof at all. It will be thicker than the quarter zips that were sold last year.

EDIT: Plain weave on the quarter zip vs double weave on the shirt and polo...so will likely have a different finish.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Wore my adidas game mode white polo today for the first time, and it got a pull in it. No idea when, nothing touched my chest except the strap on my cooler. Pretty disappointed though. Bought a The Game hat, gold, and white under armour polos after the game, will be trying to return the adidas polos.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Wore my adidas game mode white polo today for the first time, and it got a pull in it. No idea when, nothing touched my chest except the strap on my cooler. Pretty disappointed though. Bought a The Game hat, gold, and white under armour polos after the game, will be trying to return the adidas polos.

The Under Armour polos (the most expensive ones, the $64.xx priced ones) are the best polos in the store. Both in the gold and the white.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
The Under Armour polos (the most expensive ones, the $64.xx priced ones) are the best polos in the store. Both in the gold and the white.
One of the ones I bought was the one you are describing, the other was the slightly cheaper $59 one because they didn't have my size in that color in the $64 polo available. I think both are probably better than the adidas stuff though.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
One of the ones I bought was the one you are describing, the other was the slightly cheaper $59 one because they didn't have my size in that color in the $64 polo available. I think both are probably better than the adidas stuff though.

Yeah, the cheaper one you mention is still good. And won't pick near as badly as the Adidas polos. The slightly higher price point UA polo is such a good feeling shirt to wear. And even has an almost "honeycomb" pattern on the exterior of the tight weave material that I haven't seen on any other UA polo, and I retail UA in my proshop. So I'm not sure if it's done specifically for us or not, but it looks really cool. Especially on the gold polo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro