The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
it's supposed to be 68F here in Chicago tomorrow. Good football weather for early September!

Off topic, but I once found myself in Chicago a few years back and wandering around Wrigleyville to find a bar to watch a GT football game. Saw two people wearing GT gear across the street, so I followed them into a bar. Must have been a GT owner. It was awesome. Place packed with lots of Tech fans. Had the game on the speakers, played the fight song after every touchdown and had small confetti cannons. Way better than any experience I have ever had at a bar in Atlanta! Hopefully that is still there.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
upload_2019-9-4_14-30-8.jpeg

Adidas skully on Fanatics

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Serious question, I was at the game on Thursday in the lower deck. Could you see the player's numbers on TV? My brother-in-law kept asking who was at quarterback and who was at running back and I couldn't tell because the numbers had no background or outline to them. I could see Clemson't white on orange numbers with no problem. Maybe it's not a big deal if you know who your QB or RB or WR is (JT, Dwyer, Calvin, etc.), but I couldn't even tell who the QB was for us or if we changed it most of the game. I even printed out the roster since I knew there were going to be so many new players this year.

Sad that our classic G/W/G with blue numbers and traditional stripes on the sleeves and pants can't be used or at least numbers that are visible from the stands.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Serious question, I was at the game on Thursday in the lower deck. Could you see the player's numbers on TV? My brother-in-law kept asking who was at quarterback and who was at running back and I couldn't tell because the numbers had no background or outline to them. I could see Clemson't white on orange numbers with no problem. Maybe it's not a big deal if you know who your QB or RB or WR is (JT, Dwyer, Calvin, etc.), but I couldn't even tell who the QB was for us or if we changed it most of the game. I even printed out the roster since I knew there were going to be so many new players this year.

Sad that our classic G/W/G with blue numbers and traditional stripes on the sleeves and pants can't be used or at least numbers that are visible from the stands.
I've heard people complain about this whit the gold numbers, I haven't had a problem either at the games or on tv... I do wear corrective lenses that give me 20/10 though--maybe others also need to invest in such items?

I answered your question in the other thread, so I won't repeat it here, other than to say I had the same problem.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Screenshot_20190904-222813_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190904-222801_Chrome.jpg

Just noticed there is a "newer" navy jersey. The gold is lower on the sleeves and a much smaller "stinger" on the neck/shoulder area.

I tried to apply the discount to the new one and it won't go through because it's too "new".

The white jersey has the same changes and it exempt from the discount of 25OFF75.

Its 25%off a $75 purchase

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
View attachment 6593 View attachment 6594

Just noticed there is a "newer" navy jersey. The gold is lower on the sleeves and a much smaller "stinger" on the neck/shoulder area.

I tried to apply the discount to the new one and it won't go through because it's too "new".

The white jersey has the same changes and it exempt from the discount of 25OFF75.

It’s 20% off at the GT Barnes & noble

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
So i see the wrinkle issue @chris975d is referring to. It’s apparent in this tweet

Had to exchange my game mode polo for a smaller sz. The 2XL looked bigger than i like

Yeah. Most of the Adidas clothing I have bought is just straight wrinkles. It's one of the most annoying things. I know they want lightweight clothing, but no clothing needs to be that light. You sacrifice being decent looking for lightweight material.

Just with they could make normal cotton tshirts and polos. This CRAZE for sweat wicking material is ridiculous. If you're sweating that much you may have a problem.

It seems like anything decent looking is this sports attire. We should be able to have nice Gold, White, and Navy polos that are made by Adidas that are not drifit, or polyester. Ralph Lauren is the king of polos. See what they do and replicate. Otherwise I can't waste 60-80 dollars on something that is for 1 uncomfortable and 2 looks half decent due to it always being wrinkled.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 6593 View attachment 6594

Also, if you noticed the gold is different in the new navy jersey compared to last years. They used a lighter shade of gold this time.

It's just comical at this point.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Picked these up today from ****'s... The 1/4 zip is thin, "shiny" type polyester, not too snug, pretty true to size. ****'s in Norcross had a pretty good selection as compared to years past, has like 4 racks of Tech stuff, which I'm not sure I've ever seen more than 2.
19ADIMNCGTCHNVYSPGAT_is

19ADIMNCGTCHNVYMWGAT_is