1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Milwaukee, Jan 26, 2019.

1. chris975d

chris975d Helluva Engineer

? Maybe I’m missing something, but what’s a sign for soccer?

2. TooTall

TooTall Helluva Engineer

The way the logo is done on the upper left chest. And adidas is a big soccer manufacturer.

3. chris975d

chris975d Helluva Engineer

The shirt is called a “salute to service” shirt, and I’m almost positive it’s done to resemble a military medal, with the “GT” being the medallion hanging under a ribbon.

Like this:

[​IMG]

4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee Helluva Engineer

I want the hoodie TC is rocking

BuzzThePlumber, cyclejacket and THWG like this.
  5. Milwaukee

Someone at UW and Adidas oughta be shot for this Dawgs theme. I’m not even taking a shot at UGA here but if this ain’t desperate copycat I don’t know what is. Washington should be embarrassed.
    C33ADFAE-FE64-40CD-8DA1-DCB3DF7714B4.jpeg 793903D1-97AD-4A79-9110-CBFB2F7F11CC.jpeg

6. JacketOff

JacketOff Helluva Engineer

Meh. I don’t think there’s a Bulldogs or “Dog” team in general that doesn’t use “Dawgs”. Miss St. uses it, UW uses it, Samford, Citadel, Fresno. I’m sure there are some other “Huskies” or the like that use it too. “Dawg” is just cooler than “Dog”

7. Milwaukee

I've never seen a Husky try to pass as Dawgs. Maybe it's happened, just seems a little desperate imo. Miss St Samford Fresno Citadel all should be able to get away with Dawgs because they're Dogs, but a Husky shouldn't. That's equivalent to Boston University (Terriers) taking the ice or taking the court rocking Dawgs on their jerseys. Maybe they have lol I'm not sure, but they shouldn't.

8. Southpawmac

Southpawmac Helluva Engineer

Maybe I missed something but a husky is a dog. Terrier is also a dog. Bulldog mascots aren’t the only dogs.

TooTall likes this.
  9. yeti92

yeti92 Helluva Engineer

dog/dawg is kinda short for bulldog, kinda. dog isn't short from husky. I don't think any UW fan has said go dawgs in reference to UW because it just doesn't really make sense. It'd be like saying "Go Bugs!" for Tech - yea a yellow jacket is a bug, but its not correct.

Milwaukee likes this.
  10. Milwaukee

Re-read my post that you actually quoted, kind of spells it out. But do not, under any circumstances, take time away from food, family, or football on this great day to go back and re-read. Check it out tomorrow, it'll still be there. Happy Thanksgiving mate.

11. Southpawmac

It’s only short for bulldog in our minds because of uGA. That’s just what comes to mind because it’s familiar. Do you know the UW fan base? Ever been to a game? Maybe they say go dogs. As a falcons fan, I hear people say “Go Birds!”, “Let’s Go Bird Gang”, and “Bird Bros” all the time.

ibeattetris likes this.
  12. Southpawmac

All those schools have mascots that are dogs. UW also has a mascot that is a dog. Just because it’s weird to us because most schools are bulldogs varieties doesn’t mean that the UW fan base doesn’t have a dog mascot and might say “Go Dawgs!”. I’ve never been to a UW game, so I don’t know if that’s a thing up there or not.

13. Milwaukee

Forget I said anything, enjoy a nice glass of reisling on this fine Holiday. We can chat about it tomorrow if so inclined.

Southpawmac likes this.
  14. 00Burdell

00Burdell Helluva Engineer

BuzzThePlumber likes this.
  15. OlaJacket

OlaJacket Helluva Engineer

UW fans do refer to themselves as dawgs, at least occasionally.

Southpawmac and ibeattetris like this.
  16. ibeattetris

ibeattetris Helluva Engineer

I was surprised when I moved to Seattle and UW alums called themselves “the dawgs”. This is definitely not them copying uga.

OlaJacket, Milwaukee and Southpawmac like this.
  17. 00Burdell

00Burdell Helluva Engineer

I thought UW thought of themselves as Huskies. Huskies are so much smarter than stupid bulldogs it's not even funny.

boger2337 and Buzztheirazz like this.