The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Unreal. The Nike pullover isn’t available and will not be shipped. What a joke of a website and university. We’re the dumbest smart kids I know.
It’s the absolute worst. To top it off, no one in there knows anything about merchandise. I knew they were clueless when I came back for the Clemson Thursday night game a few years ago. I stopped in to get a shirt and an employee asked me why it was so busy today. I said we have a game tonight. Against Clemson. He and the two others next to him had no idea.....
If I walk into a book store in East Lansing or Ann Arbor on game day it’s insane.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yep, they're the worst. Probably one of the worst entities in the art of self-promotion in the nation. And it has been from the top-down historically. Hopefully TStan and the new President will demand and provide accountability. What really pisses me off is that Tech fans get a lot of the blame for a lack of merchandise interest but the product is largely to blame. I still can't find a decent looking GOLD Adidas hat.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yep, they're the worst. Probably one of the worst entities in the art of self-promotion in the nation. And it has been from the top-down historically. Hopefully TStan and the new President will demand and provide accountability. What really pisses me off is that Tech fans get a lot of the blame for a lack of merchandise interest but the product is largely to blame. I still can't find a decent looking GOLD Adidas hat.
I am good friends with the VP for a rival company for on-campus merchandise. She has worked very hard to try to get into Georgia Tech and has been shut out. If you're not happy with B&N, then let it be known to the GT management. There are absolutely better options available. This company manages Clemson, Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio State, Michigan, and a host of other universities. I was bitching to her one night and she went through why B&N sucks so much. Made a lot of sense and parrots much of what I hear on here. Ironically, we both live north of Chicago were in school at the same time. She went to uga and we have a very friendly banter during the football season. To be honest, I show a little more of the COFH than she does.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I am good friends with the VP for a rival company for on-campus merchandise. She has worked very hard to try to get into Georgia Tech and has been shut out. If you're not happy with B&N, then let it be known to the GT management. There are absolutely better options available. This company manages Clemson, Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio State, Michigan, and a host of other universities. I was bitching to her one night and she went through why B&N sucks so much. Made a lot of sense and parrots much of what I hear on here. Ironically, we both live north of Chicago were in school at the same time. She went to uga and we have a very friendly banter during the football season. To be honest, I show a little more of the COFH than she does.

What is so surprising about B&N is how many colleges they manage campus stores or retail for. https://www.bncollege.com/campus-stores/

I assume its a top down thing and other colleges experience the same thing we do.

ramble_on92

Georgia Tech Fan
Does anyone know why the hell Adidas or Tech is not offering fans any of the “T” apparel the coaches have been wearing recently? I know the hat is available, but there’s a ton of great apparel Adidas looks to be putting out for us that is unavailable to fans. A quick check shows ramblinwreckstore is still offering a ton of Nike stuff...two years in to our new deal.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Does anyone know why the hell Adidas or Tech is not offering fans any of the “T” apparel the coaches have been wearing recently? I know the hat is available, but there’s a ton of great apparel Adidas looks to be putting out for us that is unavailable to fans. A quick check shows ramblinwreckstore is still offering a ton of Nike stuff...two years in to our new deal.

I don’t know why some of the Adidas coaches stuff isn’t offered for sale, except that it happens a lot across college athletics (coaches have exclusive gear). But as far as Nike still being offered, well any company can still get approval/licensed to make GT apparel, and fortunately Nike and UA still do. Because the quality of Adidas is questionable at best, and more choices for us as a fan base is never a bad thing.

Milwaukee

Banned
Pretty nice haul from the bookstore site this evening:

View attachment 7453

The Adidas ear warmer is a waste. There is too much material on the thing so it doesn’t lay flat against your head, it wears more like a slouched down sock (remember the knee high socks people would slouch to mid calf). There is too much material on the outer layer compared to the inner layer that sits against your head, and that produces those weird wrinkles on the side of your head. Poorly made.
The quarter zips are solid.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
The Adidas ear warmer is a waste. There is too much material on the thing so it doesn’t lay flat against your head, it wears more like a slouched down sock (remember the knee high socks people would slouch to mid calf). There is too much material on the outer layer compared to the inner layer that sits against your head, and that produces those weird wrinkles on the side of your head. Poorly made.
The quarter zips are solid.

Because they aren’t Adidas! [emoji12]

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Real Madrid, Atlanta United, and Georgia Tech! [emoji3]

Looks like the Alt Uniform for ATLUTD in 2020 will be all white with Gold Stripes (ala Real Madrid):

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Something tells me the color "light football gold" will look suspiciously like "Tech gold".

George P. Burdell

Georgia Tech Fan
Real Madrid, Atlanta United, and Georgia Tech!
emoji3.png

Looks like the Alt Uniform for ATLUTD in 2020 will be all white with Gold Stripes (ala Real Madrid):

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Nice. I've refused to buy any of the ATLUTD stuff that is red and black and don't care for the stuff in peach color. So I'm definitely getting this

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Jeez, I hate to keep beating a dead horse ( or preferably dawg), but watching the AlamoBowl the simplicity of the Texas uni is outstanding.

My gosh in Heaven - we could ( if the Will and Leadership was on campus) have something just as classy with Old Gold and White.

Honest to Heaven - it takes some real morons not to be able to see it.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Jeez, I hate to keep beating a dead horse ( or preferably dawg), but watching the AlamoBowl the simplicity of the Texas uni is outstanding.

My gosh in Heaven - we could ( if the Will and Leadership was on campus) have something just as classy with Old Gold and White.

Honest to Heaven - it takes some real morons not to be able to see it.
I want a white helmet with a gold GT, the jersey from the spring game and white pants with a small gold GT on it. No blue anywhere. That’s as clean as it gets.
Now I’m not against blue (I actually like it in small amounts) but I’d love to see a clean uni like that.