The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
The way the logo is done on the upper left chest. And adidas is a big soccer manufacturer.

The shirt is called a “salute to service” shirt, and I’m almost positive it’s done to resemble a military medal, with the “GT” being the medallion hanging under a ribbon.

Like this:

a954b4c2196621df41138ea395400dc5.jpg

Milwaukee

Banned
Someone at UW and Adidas oughta be shot for this Dawgs theme. I’m not even taking a shot at UGA here but if this ain’t desperate copycat I don’t know what is. Washington should be embarrassed.
C33ADFAE-FE64-40CD-8DA1-DCB3DF7714B4.jpeg
793903D1-97AD-4A79-9110-CBFB2F7F11CC.jpeg

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Someone at UW and Adidas oughta be shot for this Dawgs theme. I’m not even taking a shot at UGA here but if this ain’t desperate copycat I don’t know what is. Washington should be embarrassed.
View attachment 7343 View attachment 7344
Meh. I don’t think there’s a Bulldogs or “Dog” team in general that doesn’t use “Dawgs”. Miss St. uses it, UW uses it, Samford, Citadel, Fresno. I’m sure there are some other “Huskies” or the like that use it too. “Dawg” is just cooler than “Dog”

Milwaukee

Banned
Meh. I don’t think there’s a Bulldogs or “Dog” team in general that doesn’t use “Dawgs”. Miss St. uses it, UW uses it, Samford, Citadel, Fresno. I’m sure there are some other “Huskies” or the like that use it too. “Dawg” is just cooler than “Dog”

I've never seen a Husky try to pass as Dawgs. Maybe it's happened, just seems a little desperate imo. Miss St Samford Fresno Citadel all should be able to get away with Dawgs because they're Dogs, but a Husky shouldn't. That's equivalent to Boston University (Terriers) taking the ice or taking the court rocking Dawgs on their jerseys. Maybe they have lol I'm not sure, but they shouldn't.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I've never seen a Husky try to pass as Dawgs. Maybe it's happened, just seems a little desperate imo. Miss St Samford Fresno Citadel all should be able to get away with Dawgs because they're Dogs, but a Husky shouldn't. That's equivalent to Boston University (Terriers) taking the ice or taking the court rocking Dawgs on their jerseys. Maybe they have lol I'm not sure, but they shouldn't.
Maybe I missed something but a husky is a dog. Terrier is also a dog. Bulldog mascots aren’t the only dogs.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I missed something but a husky is a dog. Terrier is also a dog. Bulldog mascots aren’t the only dogs.
dog/dawg is kinda short for bulldog, kinda. dog isn't short from husky. I don't think any UW fan has said go dawgs in reference to UW because it just doesn't really make sense. It'd be like saying "Go Bugs!" for Tech - yea a yellow jacket is a bug, but its not correct.

Milwaukee

Banned

Re-read my post that you actually quoted, kind of spells it out. But do not, under any circumstances, take time away from food, family, or football on this great day to go back and re-read. Check it out tomorrow, it'll still be there. Happy Thanksgiving mate.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
dog/dawg is kinda short for bulldog, kinda. dog isn't short from husky. I don't think any UW fan has said go dawgs in reference to UW because it just doesn't really make sense. It'd be like saying "Go Bugs!" for Tech - yea a yellow jacket is a bug, but its not correct.
It’s only short for bulldog in our minds because of uGA. That’s just what comes to mind because it’s familiar. Do you know the UW fan base? Ever been to a game? Maybe they say go dogs. As a falcons fan, I hear people say “Go Birds!”, “Let’s Go Bird Gang”, and “Bird Bros” all the time.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Re-read my post that you actually quoted, kind of spells it out. But do not, under any circumstances, take time away from food, family, or football on this great day to go back and re-read. Check it out tomorrow, it'll still be there. Happy Thanksgiving mate.

Miss St Samford Fresno Citadel all should be able to get away with Dawgs because they're Dogs, but a Husky shouldn't.
All those schools have mascots that are dogs. UW also has a mascot that is a dog. Just because it’s weird to us because most schools are bulldogs varieties doesn’t mean that the UW fan base doesn’t have a dog mascot and might say “Go Dawgs!”. I’ve never been to a UW game, so I don’t know if that’s a thing up there or not.

Milwaukee

Banned
All those schools have mascots that are dogs. UW also has a mascot that is a dog. Just because it’s weird to us because most schools are bulldogs varieties doesn’t mean that the UW fan base doesn’t have a dog mascot and might say “Go Dawgs!”. I’ve never been to a UW game, so I don’t know if that’s a thing up there or not.

Forget I said anything, enjoy a nice glass of reisling on this fine Holiday. We can chat about it tomorrow if so inclined.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
UW fans do refer to themselves as dawgs, at least occasionally.