The most disappointing stat from yesterday was...attendance.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
You want to improve attendance? Don’t make it a pain in the *** to get into the stadium. To institute “security” policies that make no one safer and lead to more head aches and challenges for people deciding how to spend their afternoons. Was anyone less secure because I had to plead with security to let me bring my seven month old’s formula and food in? I have to shove my two kids crap in a tiny clear bag? Is everyone feeling safe now?
How can you call into question peoples’ commitment to a program who is more committed to exclusionary policies than common sense? It was also a 1230pm game in 90 degree sunny weather. We left in the second quarter because of the heat and my kids. I got home and watched the last quarter on my couch in the AC with ice cold water I didn’t have to wait in a 30 person line for. I wondered if I could get a refund for my season tickets at that moment. (Not really because I got the season tickets solely to support the team and Todd’s vision). Don’t plan on bringing my kids to any more games this year- Too much of a headache. But don’t calll my fanhood into question dude. Tech needs to realize it’s own short comings if getting to 50% capacity with Tech fans is a goal.

I’m sorry, but this is weak.

I was there with my 5 year old daughter. Went thru the same crappy security, was in the same heat, stood in the same long water lines, and took her to find shade/bathroom/something to drink several times. You just man up and do it.

She had a great time, and I’m glad we were there.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
We had no momentum for this game. Last season ended without a bowl game, and with blowout losses to Duke and UGA. There was no way to build enthusiasm for a 12:30 matchup against a team that literally had no chance of competing with us.

But hey. Some of you want us to be more like Stanford. They barely broke 40k even though they have a top 15 ranking, a heisman trophy favorite RB, and they played a quality opponent.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

I was there with my 5 year old daughter. Went thru the same crappy security, was in the same heat, stood in the same long water lines, and took her to find shade/bathroom/something to drink several times. You just man up and do it.

I think it’s neat that we have a family atmosphere at BDS even though I don’t have kids. If I did, I would bring them to the game but would you bring your kids to a LSU or Miami game? UGA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan

Good for you. Ill drop my 7 month old and 3 year old off with you next time since you’re so strong. I’m gonna keep my happy *** at home unless there’s a reason to show up in person. This team hasn’t really earned us showing up rain or shine. They’ve got my money now get better. I’ll show up when it’s fun to be a tech fan.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Good for you. Ill drop my 7 month old and 3 year old off with you next time since you’re so strong. I’m gonna keep my happy *** at home unless there’s a reason to show up in person. This team hasn’t really earned us showing up rain or shine. They’ve got my money now get better. I’ll show up when it’s fun to be a tech fan.

LOL!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I'm basically 30. When has it ever been fun to be a tech fan? The 50's?

Milwaukee

Banned

200w (30).gif

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Try bringing one kid, makes the game more enjoyable. Of course it depends on the kid but my 6 y/o has enjoyed games since he was 2. We bring him and leave the younger one with grandparents. If we brought both I wouldn't be able to watch the game.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Our attendance for our season opener was 39,719. I’m not sure if this is the actual attendance or it is the number of tickets sold. Based on the large swaths of empty seats, I believe it is the latter and not the former. The capacity of Wallace Wade Stadium, where Duke plays, is 40,004. We wouldn’t have filled Duke’s Stadium! Why aren’t people coming to the games? For the people that do come, why do so many people come in so late? We want to see our athlete’s best effort and I have to think that the athletes would like to see a better effort from us.

• A poor on field product (this is 90% of the reason)
  • Awful noon games every single week that prevent you from getting in any good tailgating
  • Sweltering heat for those noon games in Sept
  • Long lines to get into the game bc of security and the inability to process mobile tickets
  • Not being allowed to bring in anything anymore (food, water, seat cushions, even things necessary for young children)
  • Awful, overpriced concessions with long *** lines ran by the boy scouts
  • A GTAA that has consistently **** the bed in every way possible the past ~20 years
  • In-home experience is better than ever
Those are my reasons for not renewing my season tickets. Plus the fact that I can buy the tickets on stub for $10 instead of $45 except for clem/ugag. Or get the free from friends who kept their season tickets. I'll still attend most of the games this year but the actual entertainment value I get from going to the games isn't what it used to be.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I attended Saturday. I also have a good friend who is a season ticket holder who skipped this game. His primary reason? The heat! After attending Saturday, I think I might agree with him. I m in shape (although retirement age) but bright sun and heat is something I can only take in doses nowadays. ESPECIALLY when every single game is on TV. While I relish the atmosphere at the stadium, that atmosphere is diminishing, and with the TV alternative improving every year and my age/health declining...I may start to skip noon starts as well unless the atmosphere at the game attracts me to come back.

TStan can only counter this by finding ways to fill the seats.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer

I’m going to let you take care of your own kids. I’m old fashioned like that.

You brought a 7 month old to a 90 degree football game?!?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I went through the gates about 30 minutes prior to kickoff and had zero wait for security at the North gates.(not North Ave gates but North of the stadium)
We entered off North Ave to the old West stands with zero wait 30 minutes before kickoff. Don't understand any complaints about security. I thought they were MUCH improved over prior years.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We entered off North Ave to the old West stands with zero wait 30 minutes before kickoff. Don't understand any complaints about security. I thought they were MUCH improved over prior years.

When I read posts on this topic (and there are many), I think people get caught up in the weeds and miss the bigger questions. There are a number of die hard fans who will suck it up and go no matter what. We need those people and are thankful for them but the issue remains....attendance is declining. If we, as a program, feel that this is an issue, every complaint needs to be heard. And corrected to the extent possible. If the security line was excellent in 95% of the gates but bad at the other 5%, to those 5% security and check in IS a problem and it doesn't matter that you at gate 15 or the couple in gate 75 breezed right in. The issue is that the experience needs to be good for all. Availability of water...needs to addressed so that EVERYONE thinks it is acceptable. Is this REALLY a difficult issue? Noon kickoffs? They may not be eliminated but why not push so that every team shares equally in the burden? I don't like them but I think I might improve my attitude if I believe that we have no more or no less than teams B,C and X.

We cannot continue to sweep under the rug or dismiss out of hand these complaints if we truly want to improve the game day experience. Also, I am not singling you out but just happened to respond to your post. I say we treat the criticisms as real opportunities to improve and not as opportunities to quiet the dissenters. The people who are voicing frustrations are the ones who still want to attend. The people who are not sharing their complaints have probably written the whole thing off as hopeless.