The most disappointing stat from yesterday was...attendance.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I've experienced fans and teams in every conference in college football and I've never heard of a fanbase not going to a GD football game because it's too warm outside, besides us.

It's ****ing sad.

Sounds like we have a lot of fair weather fans, literally and figuratively. [emoji23]. Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Since I was the one who complained about the heat:

Personally I can't physically tolerate the sun more so than the heat, but neither are good for me. Medical reasons though not mental.. I'm probably the exception though: 32 going on 83 :oops:

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I didn't expect a huge attendence against a bottom feeder like Alcorn State

I was expecting more just because it was a season opener. It just seemed to signal that folks are less than hopeful about this season. UGA was 99.46% filled (92746/93246) against Austin Peay while we were 72.22% filled (39719/55000).

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Most fans are p'oed about the constant noon or noon thirty games. (4/5 home games last year, 5/7 2016, only 2/7 2015, but 4/6 in 2014) That's a total of 15/25 the last 3 full seasons, and a whopping 9/12 (75%!) the last 2. We are sick and tired of the noon starts, especially in the early season, and i think fans just are going to show their displeasure by not showing up to those games. @LadyHurricaneJacket and I are there every game, but its not something everyone is willing to do, especially when its 90+ degrees outside.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I was there the heat wasn't that bad, but I had to listen to my wife all game and that was bad.
[emoji41][emoji41]

Just make sure she doesn't read your posts in this thread. [emoji51][emoji51]

I was thankful for each cloud and the breeze yesterday.

Yes, it's ridiculous that we have a noon or 12:30 game at home the first weekend in September. But it is all about TV $, sad but true.

I am actually happy that the next two weeks are on the road and not at BDS.

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
You want to improve attendance? Don’t make it a pain in the *** to get into the stadium. To institute “security” policies that make no one safer and lead to more head aches and challenges for people deciding how to spend their afternoons. Was anyone less secure because I had to plead with security to let me bring my seven month old’s formula and food in? I have to shove my two kids crap in a tiny clear bag? Is everyone feeling safe now?
How can you call into question peoples’ commitment to a program who is more committed to exclusionary policies than common sense? It was also a 1230pm game in 90 degree sunny weather. We left in the second quarter because of the heat and my kids. I got home and watched the last quarter on my couch in the AC with ice cold water I didn’t have to wait in a 30 person line for. I wondered if I could get a refund for my season tickets at that moment. (Not really because I got the season tickets solely to support the team and Todd’s vision). Don’t plan on bringing my kids to any more games this year- Too much of a headache. But don’t calll my fanhood into question dude. Tech needs to realize it’s own short comings if getting to 50% capacity with Tech fans is a goal.

You want to improve attendance? Don’t make it a pain in the *** to get into the stadium. To institute “security” policies that make no one safer and lead to more head aches and challenges for people deciding how to spend their afternoons. Was anyone less secure because I had to plead with security to let me bring my seven month old’s formula and food in? I have to shove my two kids crap in a tiny clear bag? Is everyone feeling safe now?
How can you call into question peoples’ commitment to a program who is more committed to exclusionary policies than common sense? It was also a 1230pm game in 90 degree sunny weather. We left in the second quarter because of the heat. Don’t plan on bringing my kids to any more games this year and I’ll probably only come back for Clemson and Miami at this point. Too much of a headache. But don’t calll my fanhood into question dude.
There was one person with a wand at each portal at the North Ave gate. One person, and they think things are going to move fast? HA !!!

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
How can you call into question peoples’ commitment to a program who is more committed to exclusionary policies than common sense? It was also a 1230pm game in 90 degree sunny weather. We left in the second quarter because of the heat and my kids. I got home and watched the last quarter on my couch in the AC with ice cold water I didn’t have to wait in a 30 person line for. I wondered if I could get a refund for my season tickets at that moment. (Not really because I got the season tickets solely to support the team and Todd’s vision). Don’t plan on bringing my kids to any more games this year- Too much of a headache. But don’t calll my fanhood into question dude. Tech needs to realize it’s own short comings if getting to 50% capacity with Tech fans is a goal.

Which dude called your fan hood into question?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Because our fanbase is based off of convenience. If it isnt convenient to be at the game and things aren't in perfect condition, they wont go.

Sadly the school has separated itself from football culture for too long. Uga, Alabama, auburn, all push football down your throat, basically saying dont come here if you dont go to the game. We have stopped that. Plus they type of people tech attracts aren't necessarily the athletic type. Most are more interested in swimming, badminton, and other non contact sports.

We need to fuel the "frat" mentality back to tech. That football is king and they make the rules. Otherwise we will continue to see this happen. For probably 20 years tech has let the program slip. Just doing enough to keep it going or slightly above average. We have a long ways to go to get a base of a true 45k. I doubt we put 38k in for bowling green. Miami and Clemson will be packed, but due to 30-40% being of the other teams fan.

Plus it doesn't help tech fans move away from Atlanta. Usually more progressive in thoughts and escape the bible belt. At least the majority of the recent grads I know from the past 10 years.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Plus people in general are not going to games. Attendance across the board is declining. It's the teams with weaker fan bases that are seeing it worse. I think Tstans is about 15 years too late. I'm scared Adidas cannot save a program that doesn't get the support it deserves.