The Head Coach Hated Me

So you like someone based on wins and losses? That’s just silly imo. And besides 2014 it’s been crap? That’s just a false statement, you win 8 plus game at GT and that’s pretty good, which has been done many times. 2 orange bowl wins, multiple costal championships and multiple ACCCG appearances is not a bad thing. Maybe you should look at the resources, and if you played at GT you would know they are awful. Or how about comparing GT with what other programs around the nation are doing instead of an exspectation you have. Fact is, not many teams have had the success GT has had under CPJ. And did the players in 2014 call the plays? And make the substitutions? I get you might not like him, and that’s fine, but it’s been said that guys at GT have and do like him. Are you going to ignore what he’s done for Ratliffe and Gray? Or how about the stories of him staying in contact with players after they are gone and how he’s helped and checked in on guys after they were gone? Is that not more important than W’s and L’s?of course we all have our opinions so no big deal really.

BTW: do you want to be unknown?
Only one Orange Bowl win. Two trips there, but only one win....2014

I would prefer to be unknown since a lot of this isn't the rosy view most fans have. Sure what he did for AJ and Jalen are great. But that does not change the fact the he is often at odds with the locker room for most of his time here. that's all i have to say about this. I will be there loud and proud on Saturday so please don't characterize me as some bitter whiner like i am sure plenty of you imagine
This comes down to the age-old question: which came first, the chicken or the egg. Is he at odds with the locker room, or are some of the players in the locker room at odds with him. In either case, why do you think that is?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
It was this way before me and after me. So the players change and the problems still exist
What is the issue? Is he a jerk or is it players not getting playing time or is it him being on edge? There’s always a reason, I mean would you agree from an x’s and O’s standpoint he’s a good coach, or is he not liked because he’s not good at that in your opinion?

bikeseat

GT Athlete
What is the issue? Is he a jerk or is it players not getting playing time or is it him being on edge? There’s always a reason, I mean would you agree from an x’s and O’s standpoint he’s a good coach, or is he not liked because he’s not good at that in your opinion?

Choices of assistants, constant negativity in the locker room, willingness to single out players for blame vs. taking responsibility over bad game time choices, in general he has non-existant personal relationships with players. Lots of guys feel he does not care about them individually. At practice he sits in a golf cart chatting with press and boosters. Very much a feeling of him collecting his check and waiting to get to the golf course

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I for one think we should not disparage former players anymore than current players....so @bikeseat welcome and we appreciate your comments!

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
" in general he has non-existant personal relationships with players"

I have tailgated with former players in the Varsity parking lot and heard this statement. FWIW

bikeseat

GT Athlete
" in general he has non-existant personal relationships with players"

I have tailgated with former players in the Varsity parking lot and heard this statement. FWIW

I will challenge anyone to find quotes of PJ talking about players in the way you heard Dabo does for instance. It permeates every bit of the program.

Throw back to GaSo in 2014...we almost lost because of the half time interaction with coach and players

“But absolutely, I have great relationships with these players and that's the best part of my job is the interaction with these guys. I love them,” Swinney said. “I love what I do, and I'm passionate about helping them be successful and figuring life out, helping them be prepared for what comes after Clemson."

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta give you credit for your first post you did an amazingly bad job. SO all those SAs that have publicly and privately relayed their admiration and support of PJ are ALL lying? Got it!
From what I read, it seems bikeseat is pretty well straight up with his opinion. But, does anyone who posts here bend their bias one way or another?

stingem103

Georgia Tech Fan
I would prefer to be unknown since a lot of this isn't the rosy view most fans have. Sure what he did for AJ and Jalen are great. But that does not change the fact the he is often at odds with the locker room for most of his time here. that's all i have to say about this. I will be there loud and proud on Saturday so please don't characterize me as some bitter whiner like i am sure plenty of you imagine

Thank you for playing at GT and sharing your story with us. I support our guys regardless of who the coach is and you sound like a damn good Yellow Jacket.

I want our players to love their playing time at Tech as a fan/alumnus...obviously that type of stuff internally needs to get better for many reasons. GT is already a negative and tough place for many reasons....the athletes deserve something different for all the sacrifices they make IMO.

Thank you for playing at GT and sharing your story with us. I support our guys regardless of who the coach is and you sound like a damn good Yellow Jacket.

I want our players to love their playing time at Tech as a fan/alumnus...obviously that type of stuff internally needs to get better for many reasons. GT is already a negative and tough place for many reasons....the athletes deserve something different for all the sacrifices they make IMO.
I think part of the problem bikeseat addresses can be marked up to a total lack of leadership on the TEAM. Last year, it was blatantly obvious that such leadership was severely lacking.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
So PJ just rides around practice in a golf cart talking to boosters and the press? I find that hard to believe for some reason. What press would that even be? He apparently hates them all...