The Head Coach Hated Me

Andrew

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't really remember the situation, and obviously this was during the Bobinski era so moral probably wasn't very high around the office, but it doesn't sound like he has fond memories of his time at Tech- and especially CPJ.

I don't really remember the situation, and obviously this was during the Bobinski era so moral probably wasn't very high around the office, but it doesn't sound like he has fond memories of his time at Tech- and especially CPJ.

I have some (very limited) knowledge of the Yandle situation, and HE is the one nobody has fond memories of.

LibertyTurns

Banned
No, he was just incompetent.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen this happen. You got a guy on your Team, everyone knows he’s a loser, you counsel him until you’re blue in the face, you pray daily he moves along because it’s so damn hard to fire him, you also pray he effs up significantly enough so that’s the straw that breaks the proverbial camel’s back & you can parade him down to HR. Other people try to help, but the loser won’t change. He’s right & everybody else is wrong. You get accused of targeting him, hating whatever group he espouses to be in if that’s a viable angle, having it out for hi so you have to mind your P’s & Q’s otherwise the sneaking bastard will launch a counterattack. He’s freaking taking notes on every item of everything every day to cover his ***. Watch for the cellphone in the pocket because the whack job is trying to record a conversation in hopes of getting you to utter a single inappropriate word. Oh crap, he goes to HR with a back problem he got when he dropped his pen or he slipped on a slippery part of a floor somewhere. God help you if it rains. You get complaints that what you’re irritated about he’s not being supported by others so you give him every ounce of support anyone can muster to take his excuses away. You finally compile an encyclopedia Britannica worth of documents and manage to fire the dumb bastard. Here comes the labor lawyer to harass you & your company. They’re not going to win, they’re going to threaten legal fees so high in winning it’s cheaper to pay the idiot off. You settle for 3x his salary, give him 12 months of free health care & don’t make him payback his educational benefits he received he hasn’t worked back yet. He goes on Glassdoor & trashes you, Facebook & any other platform where these losers reside.

Did I catch everything?

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t know anything about this guys situation but college football head coaches have way too much power. That much should be obvious.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen this happen. You got a guy on your Team, everyone knows he’s a loser, you counsel him until you’re blue in the face, you pray daily he moves along because it’s so damn hard to fire him, you also pray he effs up significantly enough so that’s the straw that breaks the proverbial camel’s back & you can parade him down to HR. Other people try to help, but the loser won’t change. He’s right & everybody else is wrong. You get accused of targeting him, hating whatever group he espouses to be in if that’s a viable angle, having it out for hi so you have to mind your P’s & Q’s otherwise the sneaking bastard will launch a counterattack. He’s freaking taking notes on every item of everything every day to cover his ***. Watch for the cellphone in the pocket because the whack job is trying to record a conversation in hopes of getting you to utter a single inappropriate word. Oh crap, he goes to HR with a back problem he got when he dropped his pen or he slipped on a slippery part of a floor somewhere. God help you if it rains. You get complaints that what you’re irritated about he’s not being supported by others so you give him every ounce of support anyone can muster to take his excuses away. You finally compile an encyclopedia Britannica worth of documents and manage to fire the dumb bastard. Here comes the labor lawyer to harass you & your company. They’re not going to win, they’re going to threaten legal fees so high in winning it’s cheaper to pay the idiot off. You settle for 3x his salary, give him 12 months of free health care & don’t make him payback his educational benefits he received he hasn’t worked back yet. He goes on Glassdoor & trashes you, Facebook & any other platform where these losers reside.

Did I catch everything?

This seems rather specific o_O:ROFLMAO:

GTRhino24

GT Athlete

Did I catch everything?
Thanks for the paid vacay!

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Did I catch everything?
I have had 5x in my 30+ years of management where this scenario has played out almost exactly as Liberty laid out. OBTW the team was so much more happier and productive after the glass half empty, passive aggressive individual left. One bad egg is all it took You have to deal with it.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
97ade61fbe8d7b722fa41abdd537ec4b8276b7be038a8cf6361e574a32516f56.jpg

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

Did I catch everything?
Or you can just work at a small company where you can fire the dude the moment you realize he’s not performing to your standard.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer

Had a former GT football player (who will remain anonymous because we all know him) tell my wife about two months before the 2018 season began that several of the former football players go back to GT to work out in the weight room. He said it is often discussed how much they do not like CPJ. Take it for what its worth (grain of salt). I'm sure a lot of the players like him too.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Had a former GT football player (who will remain anonymous because we all know him) tell my wife about two months before the 2018 season began that several of the former football players go back to GT to work out in the weight room. He said it is often discussed how much they do not like CPJ. Take it for what its worth (grain of salt). I'm sure a lot of the players like him too.

So, where does the “feels like family” that so many recruits mention come from?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
So, where does the “feels like family” that so many recruits mention come from?
Seriously, I hear a ton of kids talk about how they like CPJ. I’m not doubting that some don’t like him, but I bet that would stand for most college coaches and their players and not just for CPJ.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Are these guys that played for him? Or guys from before CPJ?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Did I catch everything?
Everything -- even given exaggeration for effect -- except the one possible: the guy is right. Because sometimes he or she just is, and we have all had that one, too. Sometimes when they say the boss hates me, they are right. The boss, well not exactly hates, but really dislikes them. And sometimes that can be a valid reason to separate. Maybe handled better, but justifiable though the employee won't think so. I mean, who gets the benefit of the doubt: the valued manager with a proven track record, or the complaining employee with almost no track record but who is just not going to gee and haw with the boss?