The future of GT football

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
100 percent certain. In fact to prove it listen to collins presser the past week at the 7:20 min mark. Ken asks this exact question. He says in the past u said you dont run the developmental squad per opponent scheme do you this week. Collins said yes. And the familiarity of that option with our scout team enables us to run it faster and not have to teach em.

100 percent certain the scout team ran it.

This rumor is a fake pile on hitjob like the msm does. Unreal

It’s possible my sources may have had a misunderstanding based on previous comments CGC has made about the scout team. I never said it was for certain and even openly said it was second hand information.

But just assuming people you don’t even know are lying is ridiculous, man. That’s “unreal”. We’re all on the same side. Don’t assume we’re making up random stuff just to bring down your golden calf. For the record, the two guys I heard this from are big CGC people.

So I read some one say "well wait till he gets his players in." first Coaches coach to the players they have. Every player currently at Tech did not come from a school that played CPJs offense. Tobias Oliver ran this offense in high school and broke all of his schools passing records. But let me digress to something else. I also read that back in 2008 CPJ came in to situation with Great Gailey players. I thought back to 2007, a 7 win season. Nesbitt was used a wildcat QB. Bey Bey was under utilized and had a bit of the dropseys. Dwyer was not even a starter and at one time during his recruiting thought about going to Navy. Roddy Jones was being recruited by the likes of East Carolina. Now on Defense we had some really good young guys but the front 4 had 3 very good seniors that had developed at Tech. My point is CPJ in some respects had players ready for his system. Even the O-line was not a big pass blocking line.

What I hope is that CGC quits listening to the Pro Offense group and realizes he has an incredible running attack and needs to lean on it.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
It’s possible my sources may have had a misunderstanding based on previous comments CGC has made about the scout team. I never said it was for certain and even openly said it was second hand information.

But just assuming people you don’t even know are lying is ridiculous, man. That’s “unreal”. We’re all on the same side. Don’t assume we’re making up random stuff just to bring down your golden calf. For the record, the two guys I heard this from are big CGC people.

Fine. But wrong is all. Sorry but with so many people trying to be overly harsh its how I interpreted it.

Not my golden calf. Read my posts. I blasted collins as much as anyone. Cant be much more harsh than calling him the worst 30 seconds of football mgt in my life at the end of that game

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Fine. But wrong is all. Sorry but with so many people trying to be overly harsh its how I interpreted it.

Not my golden calf. Read my posts. I blasted collins as much as anyone. Cant be much more harsh than calling him the worst 30 seconds of football mgt in my life at the end of that game

Fair enough. Tensions are high after the loss. The golden calf comment was bush league. I apologize. We’re on the same side. Go Jackets

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
So I read some one say "well wait till he gets his players in." first Coaches coach to the players they have. Every player currently at Tech did not come from a school that played CPJs offense. Tobias Oliver ran this offense in high school and broke all of his schools passing records. But let me digress to something else. I also read that back in 2008 CPJ came in to situation with Great Gailey players. I thought back to 2007, a 7 win season. Nesbitt was used a wildcat QB. Bey Bey was under utilized and had a bit of the dropseys. Dwyer was not even a starter and at one time during his recruiting thought about going to Navy. Roddy Jones was being recruited by the likes of East Carolina. Now on Defense we had some really good young guys but the front 4 had 3 very good seniors that had developed at Tech. My point is CPJ in some respects had players ready for his system. Even the O-line was not a big pass blocking line.

What I hope is that CGC quits listening to the Pro Offense group and realizes he has an incredible running attack and needs to lean on it.

Nesbitt, Dwyer, and Jones were true freshman in 2007.

Nesbitt was big, fast and powerful. He covered up offensive issues by sheer force.

Dwyer had 82 carries for 436 yards and 9 touchdowns.

Jones redshirted. He had offers from Clemson, Duke, Maryland, Indiana, not just ECU.

Bebe was a R-FR with 35 catches for 558 yards and 4 TD. Basically the same numbers as 2008.

The entire offense from 2008 would start this year. The entire defense might too.

I’d challenge anyone to find a previous roster of ours that was worse than this one.

Nesbitt was big, fast and powerful. He covered up offensive issues by sheer force.

Jones redshirted. He had offers from Clemson, Duke, Maryland, Indiana, not just ECU.

Bebe was a R-FR with 35 catches for 558 yards and 4 TD. Basically the same numbers as 2008.

The entire offense from 2008 would start this year. The entire defense might too.

I’d challenge anyone to find a previous roster of ours that was worse than this one.

Well:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Give them better than our worst coaches in a generation (subject to change but they better get their butts in gear) to make the comparisons fair please. ;)

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
I wanna go to sleep and wake up in 2 years when we have some of our new recruits in place with a bit of experience, have good depth on OL and DL, have our highly rated transfers integrated in well, and have an identity on both O and D.

Going through this sucks and I've been sad as hell all day but I still think the future of GT football is bright.
You don’t think we had superior recruits yesterday?

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow

What kind of recruits does it take to not get your *** handed to you bu the Citadel?

Techster

Helluva Engineer

I really hope no one is making a comparison between the 2008 roster and this roster. You can't even compare this roster to the one Gailey inherited.

It's stupid that we're even going down this road...THREE games into a new coaches tenure.

Tough loss, and it's extremely embarrassing...but let's not lose our minds over one game.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Well:

2015 - Hard maybe.
- JT is better than any QB on this roster,
- Marcus Marshall is better than any RB at the moment
- Jeune would be the best WR on this team

2002 - Not even close. What Gailey did with this team is a crime.
- As poor as Suggs performed it was still light years beyond what we have now.
- Hollings was a stud. Too bad he got hurt. Clinkscale was really effective that year. Ace was ok. PJ would go onto be one of the best we've ever had.
- WR not even close. Kerry Watkins, Freddie Smith, and Will Glover are better than anything we have now. Hell Nate Curry might have been the best WR on this team.
- TE Will Heller and JP Foschi? Way better.
- OL - Nat Dorsey!!, Hugh Reilly at C, Leon Robinson
- K - Luke Mother Effin Manget!
- DL not even close. Eric Henderson alone makes this not close.
- LB - Key Fox, Daryl Smith, and Wimbush
- Our current secondary was probably better but we had a lot of young talent, Houston, Davis, Landry

1995 - Not even close
- QB Donnie Davis - One of the most wasted talents in the history of this program. Head and shoulders beyond what we have now
- RB CJ Williams, Charles Wiley, and Phillip Rogers were all solid backs.
- WR - Harvey Middleton and Derrick Steagall. Way better than what we have now.
- TE was pretty weak.
- OL had Cheever, Celaj, Dukes, Minter - Studs
- Brooking, Rogers, Bostic, Ferguson on D

1994 - Bill Lewis couldn't coach but he could recruit / Ross could
- QB - Donnie Davis was wasted. I'd probably take Luginbill over what we have now.
- RB - CJ Williams. Once again heavily underrated in Tech history.
- WR - Steagall was an absolute stud. The start of the great Harvey Middleton
- Cheever Dukes Celaj on the OL
- I might take this years defense over that one though

The rest are before my time.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer

Knox you can belittle our players all you want, which is pretty messed up since I'm sure some come on here, but at the end if the day you're wrong and our current struggles have way more to do with coaching than players.

Scubapro

Banned
Knox you can belittle our players all you want, which is pretty messed up since I'm sure some come on here, but at the end if the day you're wrong and our current struggles have way more to do with coaching than players.
Also...in 2008 our O-line consisted of a back up Tight End and at least two walk-ons in the rotation. Yeah . it had some studs but it wasnt the GD 1984 Chicago Bears . Gailey was a turd and allowed Tenuta to cause division in the locker room between the offense and defense. Nix was too much of a ***** to stand up to Tenuda.
Lets look at what is happening now...we have some players...maybe not top shelf but we have enough for a decent team....the problem is they are NOT being coached up. P-Nut would get out coached by half the High School coaches in the metro