The "Collins effect "........

Techster

Helluva Engineer
No, it's great marketing because people that know the "Above the Line" quote and people that just like the ATL moniker will both be interested in this shirt, all while supporting GT.

GT needs to make an "ATL" or "above the line" viral challenge...What are you doing to be ATL (Above the Line)!? Doesn't need to be centered around athletics, just what are you doing in life to stay "above the line"? After all, community and life focus is one of CGC's themes. Could be helping the homeless. Could be cutting the grass for an elderly neighbor. Could tutoring kids that are disadvantaged. Anything like that or of course, physically challenging yourself...as long as you're going above and beyond, hence "above the line".

Kick start it with GT athletes, not just in football, and GT coaches and administrators doing their own "ATL" challenge. Roll out a different one a day for a few weeks. End it by challenging GT fans and anyone who watches the video to do their own. Reward the best videos with a T Shirt or something.

You're welcome, GT marketing....

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Really? I haven’t seen any graphics that spell out the words “Above The Line” on any shirt, sign, billboard, advertisement, etc.

And why is the letter T for the word “The” shown in red?

“T” is in yellow (where are you seeing red?) probably for “Tech”, but also to put the letters in white & gold (and with the shirt in blue, that’s incorporated all our colors).

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
GT needs to make an "ATL" or "above the line" viral challenge...What are you doing to be ATL (Above the Line)!? Doesn't need to be centered around athletics, just what are you doing in life to stay "above the line"? After all, community and life focus is one of CGC's themes. Could be helping the homeless. Could be cutting the grass for an elderly neighbor. Could tutoring kids that are disadvantaged. Anything like that or of course, physically challenging yourself...as long as you're going above and beyond, hence "above the line".

Kick start it with GT athletes, not just in football, and GT coaches and administrators doing their own "ATL" challenge. Roll out a different one a day for a few weeks. End it by challenging GT fans and anyone who watches the video to do their own. Reward the best videos with a T Shirt or something.

You're welcome, GT marketing....
"In the ashes an ember of hope glowed".

Gtaa and marketing borders on unbelievable.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Does does the ATL mean "above the line" or Atlanta? I guess it means both, but I kinda like the first, the second is kinda generic and not specific to GT. Most folks around the country are going to read it as Atlanta.

Its both. Collins actually used it at Temple, but I suspect he had GT in mind when he came up with it. Up there, it was just "Above The Line" but now he can connect it to the city, too. I really do think he was eyeing this job for a long time.

Last edited:

Milwaukee

Banned
Screenshot_20190425-152235.jpg

Techster

Helluva Engineer
My take is this: we aren't knocking it out of the park yet, I'm looking forward to the days of multiple 4* a la UNC currently. But the fact is we are trending upwards, fellas. This is so fun to watch unfold. And the top 50 Georgia kids we're getting now, even if only 3* currently, tells you we're going hard.

I'm not even sure we're "going hard" yet. Coaches have been focused on spring practice. Wait until they can totally focus on recruiting this summer.