The "Collins effect "........

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Don't know if this has already been posted, but here's a great article about Collins ---
http://www.southernpigskin.com/acc/geoff-collins-georgia-tech-tale/
These are the reasons I haven't just ignored you because of the incessant uniform color crap. You bring interesting conversation to the Board (except for that one thing).

(plus I know you're GT through and through. But don't be that old man yelling at the little kid outside BDS because he's wearing a blue jersey)

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
"been here when we were top ten every year" ?????? For exactly how many years in a row were we "top 10" by year's end? Well, embellishments are ok I guess, when you are trying to build something.

Fact check: Well, we were top 25 five years in a row from 1997 to 2001. We were top 10 in 1998, but Collins only worked for O'Leary from 1999 to 2001. So, he could have said "ranked" or "top 25" every year and that would have been true. But, top 10 sounds a whole lot better and the people he is talking to with statements like that aren't nerds like us who will fact check him.

:)

These are the reasons I haven't just ignored you because of the incessant uniform color crap. You bring interesting conversation to the Board (except for that one thing).

(plus I know you're GT through and through. But don't be that old man yelling at the little kid outside BDS because he's wearing a blue jersey)
That is one thing I would NEVER do, and if I had heard him doing that, I would have cussed him out. Yes, I am vocal in my disdain for the use of blue, but picking on a kid, or any stranger for that matter, is way over the top.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This is so far beyond what I expected.

Going and Selling gt football to legislators is a show respect given. Perhaps .....
No dont be optimistic. Back to it is what it is.

May have to give him a pass on a bone head fake punt call .

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Screenshot_20190329-174433_Twitter.jpg
We are being watched...