The "Collins effect "........

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

GEORGIA TECH

It’s been a while since a coaching change has so drastically revamped a school’s perception. On Friday, Georgia Tech commit Jalen Huff said it’s “like a whole new school,” while fellow verbal pledge Ryan King used the words “drip” and “swag” to describe the new feel on campus.

Tech is recruiting at a higher level these days and it was apparent that the reputation of the school has already shifted in and around Atlanta. If things go well on the field under new head coach Geoff Collins this fall, momentum will continue to build for Tech, which seems to finally be using its enviable geographic location to its advantage.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Rivals Camp Series Atlanta: Thoughts from the sideline
ROB CASSIDY, Florida Recruiting Analyst
Geoff Collins making waves at Georgia Tech. Predicting the future is a losing proposition, so there’s no telling what the Collins Era at Georgia Tech will hold. The new head coach could build a juggernaut in Atlanta and start to compete for ACC titles. He could also fall flat on his face and be looking for work three years from now. I’m not going to pretend top know how things will go. What’s obvious, however, is that the perception of Georgia Tech as a program is drastically different than it was at this time last year.

There was buzz surrounding the program on Friday in Atlanta, as prospects agreed that the new Georgia Tech has embraced the culture of the city that houses it and has already become more alluring and “cool” college option. As of now, Tech has seven commitments, including a Rivals100 prospect in Florida-based cornerback Miles Brooks for the 2020 class. The buzz isn't slowing, however, and things could snowball quickly if Collins has an impressive debut season.
CHAD SIMMONS, Southeast Recruiting Analyst
Georgia Tech has a new identity on the recruiting trail in the state of Georgia.Obviously, it is all over social media, but it is between the lines too. Since Collins took over as the head coach, Georgia Tech is different. The culture is different. The energy is back. Kids want to visit. Top in-state athletes are spending time on the Atlanta campus. Georgia prospects with major Power Five offers are committing to the Yellow Jackets.

Wide receiver Ryan King had the Georgia Tech adidas gloves on. Jalen Huff, another Yellow Jacket commit that was competing Friday night was talking up the school he is committed to. Not often in recent years did you hear a lot about Georgia Tech, but the buzz (no pun intended) is back. A long list of prospects there competing are serious considering Georgia Tech, including linebackers Phillip Webb and Choe Bryant-Strothers, defensive end JaQuari Wiggles, linebacker Tyson Meiguez, wide receivers Joshua Downs (North Carolinacommit) and Javon Baker (Alabama commit) and offensive linemen Tate Johnson and Javion Cohen. This recruiting class will be much different than the ones Georgia Tech fans were used to under Paul Johnson.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Dude I really want one of these ATL shirts

Rocked the book bag at my gym here in Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B1164264-672D-4243-A63F-CD4EDC2EF286.jpeg

Those Students are not worthy!!!

I endured Russell my entire time. I deserve this T-shirt.

Yes we know it’s blue. Every other shirt that has been given out was gold or white @Gold1

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 5649

Yes we know it’s blue. Every other shirt that has been given out was gold or white @Gold1
Does does the ATL mean "above the line" or Atlanta? I guess it means both, but I kinda like the first, the second is kinda generic and not specific to GT. Most folks around the country are going to read it as Atlanta.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
View attachment 5649

I'm really hoping a lot of the stuff we've seen this summer will be available for purchase. I think CGC and team have been working with the Adidas guys to develop concepts. Now we just need them to end up on the shelves!

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
It's only great marketing if people know what it stands for.

That's why you see graphics like this:

Above
The
Line

Really? I haven’t seen any graphics that spell out the words “Above The Line” on any shirt, sign, billboard, advertisement, etc.

And why is the letter T for the word “The” shown in red?