The "Collins effect "........

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
When the barbarian hordes attack us in untold millions, I want you in the foxhole with me. Your attitude is what overcomes.
If there are really untold millions of barbarians then you are going to die anyway. You might as well die smiling.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
ALL the above are validations why we need a W / G / W uni with no other trim color.

But, my gosh, black & anything is so drab and such a downer. Depressing looking.

slugboy

Staff member
I watched some of Carolina vs Tampa Bay last night. Aside from Newton not being able to throw because of his shoulder, the offense is similar plays, same positions as ours. About 30% of the snaps are under center.

For recruiting, the “schematic advantage means you can live with a recruiting disadvantage” probably hurt our recruiting. No good running back wants fans or scouts thinking their yards and points come from the system. Having a system that gets backs a thousand plus yards is a good thing. Letting a message get out that you can do more with less gave a hurdle to overcome.

Collins is getting kids to dream of being a star, and that’s a good thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I watched some of Carolina vs Tampa Bay last night. Aside from Newton not being able to throw because of his shoulder, the offense is similar plays, same positions as ours. About 30% of the snaps are under center.

For recruiting, the “schematic advantage means you can live with a recruiting disadvantage” probably hurt our recruiting. No good running back wants fans or scouts thinking their yards and points come from the system. Having a system that gets backs a thousand plus yards is a good thing. Letting a message get out that you can do more with less gave a hurdle to overcome.

Collins is getting kids to dream of being a star, and that’s a good thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree re: the hurdle in recruiting we probably created ourselves. However, to compete on a higher level than we were the past 10 years (which I assume is the goal), we will have to get a comparable number of blue chip kids dreaming of being stars as Clemson and UGAg get. Will that happen? I sure hope so. Because while I do see a schematic edge from this staff on defense, potentially, I doubt we will have a decided schematic edge on offense. We'll need the talent.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I agree re: the hurdle in recruiting we probably created ourselves. However, to compete on a higher level than we were the past 10 years (which I assume is the goal), we will have to get a comparable number of blue chip kids dreaming of being stars as Clemson and UGAg get. Will that happen? I sure hope so. Because while I do see a schematic edge from this staff on defense, potentially, I doubt we will have a decided schematic edge on offense. We'll need the talent.

TStan has stated repeatedly that this is not the goal.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It’s a meme format.

giphy.webp