The "Collins effect "........

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I'm just hoping Dabo's friendship with CPJ still holds a little water even though there's a new guy in town.

My worst nightmare is that Clemson hires CPJ as a Defensive analyst whose sole job is to punch holes in your defense with the scout team to keep you sound while also breaking down every opposing offense.

Give CPJ infinite time to watch tape and develop gameplans... gods help everyone.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
You can be a Top 5 team and get crushed by Clemson at this point. I'm hoping we keep it respectable.
That would be the first time in 3 years.

I think they will have a lot of new dl guys.
Those guys stuffed our ol andxwe hadctovgive them the ball. Then theirfreshman scored at will .

With some effective passing maybe we can be more like Syracuse.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
From what I have seen, the strength and conditioning guys and the coaches are stressing what it takes to be a winning team. They have been hyping that they are planning to get to a championship level. I haven't seen anything that implies to the guys that they are already anointed as a super great team. The mutts under Richt seemed to believe at the beginning of every year that they were already in the BCS title game and just had to wait until the end of the season to play in that game. Those teams did have let downs at the first sign of trouble. As long as they continue to stress the work and dedication that it takes, instead of assuming wins before the game, I don't think a loss or several losses will ruin their will.
Right. Part of what they're trying to develop in the S&C program is mental toughness. Even IF we get blown out by Clemson, our players should bounce back.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The real CGC

Context?

The more I see, the more I like. Keep it going coach, I’m pulling for you. This speaks to your “they don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care” mantra.

Some guys are just naturally upbeat, positive, energetic at the point of hyperactive, charismatic types. Steve Irwin (The crocodile hunter) was like this. That guy was at the extreme of all those characteristics yet he never seemed contrived or fake. I’m starting to believe Coach Collins is the same. I really want to believe it.

MaconBacon IM88

Jolly Good Fellow
Context?

The more I see, the more I like. Keep it going coach, I’m pulling for you. This speaks to your “they don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care” mantra.

Some guys are just naturally upbeat, positive, energetic at the point of hyperactive, charismatic types. Steve Irwin (The crocodile hunter) was like this. That guy was at the extreme of all those characteristics yet he never seemed contrived or fake. I’m starting to believe Coach Collins is the same. I really want to believe it.
Agree with DCS. These kids won't follow unless they are being led. They want to know the staff CARES about them and their success. I think, so far, CGC seems genuine - which is important.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

More community engagement and creative workouts. Nice custom shirt on CGC there. I love this stuff. It's always something new. If I were a recruit, I'd love the idea of playing for this guy.

Last edited: