The "Collins effect "........

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Steak is terrible. He said so many unsavory things about GT the past few years.
Steak is the absolute worst. He plays the same game as the rest of the local AM radio losers, but he’s such a dirt bag. He should have never been allowed back on the air after the bit on 790 that got him fired. He seems to have taken CPJ’s comments personally because he was absolutely hammering him for weeks after he retired. He’ll be back to taking jabs at us at the earliest possible convenience.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Steak is the absolute worst. He plays the same game as the rest of the local AM radio losers, but he’s such a dirt bag. He should have never been allowed back on the air after the bit on 790 that got him fired. He seems to have taken CPJ’s comments personally because he was absolutely hammering him for weeks after he retired. He’ll be back to taking jabs at us at the earliest possible convenience.

I admit that I have a soft spot for Dimino, but Steak and Cellini I can't stand...and that Gleason skit was disgusting.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Getting back to the thread topic, I wonder what the Collins affect is on team psyche if we get boat raced by Clemson? All this offseason hype could get into the players heads and make them believe they not only can, but should beat Clemson. Personally, I sure hope they believe they can win or they shouldn't even step out on the field. But I sure hope a crushing loss in game 1 doesn't ruin the season because they've come to believe in a false reality, one that comes crashing back to earth very hard and very sudden.

Last edited:

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
Getting back to the thread topic, I wonder what the Collins affect is on team psyche if we get boat raced by Clemson? All this offseason hype could get into the players heads and make them believe they not only can, but should beat Clemson. Personally, I sure hope they believe they can win or they shouldn't even step out there on the field. But I sure hope a crushing loss in game 1 doesn't ruin the season because they've come to believe in a false reality, one that comes crashing back to earth very hard and very sudden.

You can be a Top 5 team and get crushed by Clemson at this point. I'm hoping we keep it respectable.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Getting back to the thread topic, I wonder what the Collins affect is on team psyche if we get boat raced by Clemson? All this offseason hype could get into the players heads and make them believe they not only can, but should beat Clemson. Personally, I sure hope they believe they can win or they shouldn't even step out there on the field. But I sure hope a crushing loss in game 1 doesn't ruin the season because they've come to believe in a false reality, one that comes crashing back to earth very hard and very sudden.

From what I have seen, the strength and conditioning guys and the coaches are stressing what it takes to be a winning team. They have been hyping that they are planning to get to a championship level. I haven't seen anything that implies to the guys that they are already anointed as a super great team. The mutts under Richt seemed to believe at the beginning of every year that they were already in the BCS title game and just had to wait until the end of the season to play in that game. Those teams did have let downs at the first sign of trouble. As long as they continue to stress the work and dedication that it takes, instead of assuming wins before the game, I don't think a loss or several losses will ruin their will.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
My biggest hope is that CGC's plan works. Maybe he is the new Howard Schnellenberger (sp?). Maybe he can convince the local stars to stay home in the 404 and be Atlanta's team. I mean why not? I wonder if Micheal Irvin and Warren Sapp could have gotten into Tech back in the day...? I sure hope their modern day metro Atlanta versions can.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Getting back to the thread topic, I wonder what the Collins affect is on team psyche if we get boat raced by Clemson? All this offseason hype could get into the players heads and make them believe they not only can, but should beat Clemson. Personally, I sure hope they believe they can win or they shouldn't even step out on the field. But I sure hope a crushing loss in game 1 doesn't ruin the season because they've come to believe in a false reality, one that comes crashing back to earth very hard and very sudden.

We have a bunch of smart guys on our team, most of them know what happened to Bama a few weeks ago. And they know we aren't even close to Bama's level yet. This is not a concern at all.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Skinny pants and polka dot shoes. Lol. Love it. Way more fun to follow Collins' wacky fashion choices that Pastner's polos.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I have faith that our coaches are smart enough with their messaging that they won’t have the players set up with a “beat Clemson or bust” attitude and potentially lose the team after literally the first game. And I have faith in both our players and coaches that we won’t get beat so bad that it makes them question themselves. In the event we do get curb stomped, they’ll probably use that as an example of exactly where we need to get to be where we want to be.