The Citadel Postgame

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
That kind of stuff bothers me immensely! To me it conveys to the players that winning is secondary.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

I know I’m not a coach and getting paid as much as any of these guys to do this as a job, but I half expected to see a coach come crawl them for doing that while the opposing team was tied with us and driving for the potential win. I guess I AM just getting old, because I played for coaches that would have beat our *** for that. Do your job, act like you’ve been there before, get the win, THEN dance all you want. Times have changed I guess.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I know I’m not a coach and getting paid as much as any of these guys to do this as a job, but I half expected to see a coach come crawl them for doing that while the opposing team was tied with us and driving for the potential win. I guess I AM just getting old, because I played for coaches that would have beat our *** for that. Do your job, act like you’ve been there before, get the win, THEN dance all you want. Times have changed I guess.

CPJ was very old school, and I guess that is why a lot of us liked him. I guess the younger generation believes this old school a## chewing stuff is for yesteryear, but I still think it builds men.

Sa(t)an, who I despise as a person, would not allow that on his team.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Have not read any of the above yet. Rewatched the disaster... We are not that good on offense. We got schooled on defense by a team running a "high school" offense that we couldn't stop them running it down our throats.

WTF was. The offense thinking after the 10 second run off at the end of regulation. Coach had to call a timeout to make sure that we would even have time to kick a field goal. Unfortunately the whistle blew and we scored a touchdown. we may not have scored a touchdown if the whistle had not blown because the Citadel defense would have been playing. [emoji34]

I am disappointed with the play of LJ. Needs to know when to through it away to avoid the sack.

We need to get the ball in TO's hands more often.

Sure hope that Jahazel Lee, 51, is able to play in two weeks... Heck again this season... after having to be carted off today. A big loss for both the O and D line.

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
We wouldn't win 6 games with any of the players on roster playing QB. We have way more issues than just QB and we aren't going to TO left, TO right, TO up the middle our way to 6 wins. Oliver gives us the best chance to win more games this year. Going Graham or Yates is best for long term. Personally I don't really care if we win 2 or 3 games vs 1. I'd much rather start groom the long term guy.

Only reason to play LJ after this game is if you just absolutely want to redshirt Yates, and Graham isn't avaialable.
LJ was granted an extra year of eligibility, maybe they're trying to groom him to be the long term guy :/

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
All on collins. The dumbest 23 seconds of coaching i have seen in my life.

No to. Lets 10 run off. Dumb
Then before snap after 7 runs off calls a to. Dumb

Prevents the win. Dumb.

Where is the situational awareness from the staff
It was Citadel's option to have the 10-second runoff because it was a dead ball foul against Georgia Tech.