The Citadel Postgame

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I mean that’s the rule. Never does a running clock go from running to stopped because of penalty. The QB has to know that and that falls on the coach for not making sure he knows the rule. The 10 second runoff was created to penalize teams that would intentionally false starts near the end of the game so they could huddle while the head ref announced the penalty.

We took the runoff to save the timeout. I agree with that decision, especially with the sack issues we’ve had. With the play that we called, keeping the timeout also made sense. I think CGC was expecting a snap immediately and either Oliver scores on the option or we call timeout and kick the FG. When he didn’t snap the ball, you have to burn the timeout because if the snap happens at 6 seconds and we don’t score there is a real possibility that time expires and you don’t even get the chance to kick the FG.
I agree with you on all but that. His reaction in the post game tells me he didn’t expected a snap immediately and doesn’t seem to know a basic rule.

Jd89

Georgia Tech Fan
LJ may be a "better passer" than Oliver, but we don't, nor should we pass on every down, and LJ can't run the offense overall; Oliver can. LJ's TD pass was terrible, but the receiver turned just right in order to catch it. For every good play LJ has, he follows it with 2 or 3 bad plays.

LJ put the pass the only place it could have been caught. If over inside shoulder, it is knocked down or picked. He put it where the receiver could catch it. I am not an LJ fan per se, I prefer Graham, but u guys are nit picking a pass on a touchdown. George Godsey threw some horrid ducks, but they scored.

The point was we had/have limited choices with limited talent.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
That was a real crap show today. Now that is 3 in a row. Just have to face facts. This is a bad football team right now. Bad on almost all fronts. The main thing is we don't have any playmakers on either side of the ball. Very little team chemistry (mojo) and damn poor luck on top of all that. I was really hoping we would break out today and get something going but it looks like this is who we are. I hate it but that's life. Maybe next year.

Go Jackets!
Luck? I thought we really were lucky today - the Td pass to Camp was poorly thrown and therefore somewhat lucky that was a TD - Citadel barely missed a FG that would have put them up by 10 - their starting QB got hurt. We had plenty of luck.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
LJ put the pass the only place it could have been caught. If over inside shoulder, it is knocked down or picked. He put it where the receiver could catch it. I am not an LJ fan per se, I prefer Graham, but u guys are nit picking a pass on a touchdown. George Godsey threw some horrid ducks, but they scored.

The point was we had/have limited choices with limited talent.

I disagree. We have talent.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you on all but that. His reaction in the post game tells me he didn’t expected a snap immediately and doesn’t seem to know a basic rule.
I haven’t listened to the press conference so I was going off what I saw at the game. Either way the coaches and players have to know that rule before it happens. It’s not a rule that happens often, but end of the game rules like that are usually the most important to know.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Or doesn’t know a basic clock rule

Collins: “Clock, schmock. We aren’t bound by mechanical devices. We don’t think that way. We think and play in terms of the existential time equilibrium. Where time and space don’t matter. And we’ll recruit that way too so that recruits and players aren’t needed for our system.”

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Hold on, I figured it out. What if this was our Villanova?! Early season loss to an FCS team to fire up your squad and spark them to a 7-1 conference record. By God, it's a Collins staple! The mad man is playing mind games! Boys, pack your bags. We're blowing through the Coastal and headed to Charlotte!

Hold on, I figured it out. What if this was our Villanova?! Early season loss to an FCS team to fire up your squad and spark them to a 7-1 conference record. By God, it's a Collins staple! The mad man is playing mind games! Boys, pack your bags. We're blowing through the Coastal and headed to Charlotte!
Well, one thing's for sure; we can't go any lower. The only way now is up.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Don't disagree with the rule, but why did he say the official told him the clock starts on the snap in his post game interview. Did the ref he said he heard mis speak or did he screw up?
Cgc screwed up and maybe he doesn’t want to admit hes wrong and wants to pass the blame and point the finger at someone else. The clock ran just as the ref said it would.