The Citadel Postgame

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I'll be honest, that was some of the best play I've seen from an option offense since 2014. Outside of a few games (VT 2018, Louisville, etc.), they were moving the ball way better than we have in years past. How many negative plays did we generate? I saw a couple runs for no gain, but hardly any for loss. Not sure if they're just much better than we were at running the option or our run defense is pitiful. Could be both.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
How about you include the whole picture and not just some of it. And CGC is working with way more resources than CPJ ever had even though we under paid all of his staff and didn't have to pay for an OC. I respect your very though. More rational than most.

So aren’t you agreeing with me? More resources, more commitment, more ... all to rebuild.

I’m not embarrassed to say it.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Do we not have a screen pass game?? They blitzed all game and not one screen pass.

No slants. No quick hitters to the outside.

QB rotation is practically Russian roulette at this point. I’m not trying to throw in the towel this early, but good lord wtf is going on?

Jd89

Georgia Tech Fan
Ok, calm down Francis. I am not sure what the “Fire the coaches” folks expect this year. The “already done” comments etc are not helpful for anyone but I will be glad to see you hit the bricks.

Did going to this game in the heat suck? Yes.
Is it embarassing to lose to Citadel? Yes.
Did we play really poor on the defense? Yes, but we, like the other team that played us in the past don’t practice for triple option...kinda like Bama last year.
Was the offense neurotic at best? Yes, platooning QBs has to stop.
Was clock management terrible? Yes, that is a coach issue and a QB issue...why do u Let the clock wind down w 16 second left?
Was there way too many suspect penalties against GT? Absolutely, the was egregious.
Do we have the worst tight end in football? Yes, no comment needed.

I agree, this was bad coaching today and I am a bit concerned with our offensive coaching decisions. However, the fact of the matter is that the coaches are trying to build a house with a really nice sewing kit. They don’t have the tools to execute their offense (they are not running the triple option, so the talent isn’t there for the offense they are coaching, nor should they try to learn the triple option). It will take time. All of my friends who went to Clemson wanted Dabo run out on a rail-good thing the admin didn’t listen to the fans.

I am upset as well. But I am also level headed about this. These vitrol conclusions after 3 games are so knee jerk, it is unproductive to the players, recruits, potential recruits and real fans that support the team.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
So aren’t you agreeing with me? More resources, more commitment, more ... all to rebuild.

I’m not embarrassed to say it.
From an athletic department yes. But I'm also saying some coaches can do more with less, talking about financial resources and not players.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, but this was CITADEL. We looked like we were not prepared- coaches and team. We have seen this before when we take ANYBODY for granted. We still do not have any PLAYMAKERS on either side of the ball, or in the kicking game except for Harvin. Face it boys( and girls) we are NOT GOOD.
After sitting in the heat, i have to say i agree with this summary. The post starts with the word Sorry and ends with words NOT GOOD. There were a few bright spots.

OL
Only ray of real hope on ol occurred when we put de foor at lg, with Quinney ar left tackle. They are long and can really move in space to create huge running lanes (Future looks good) . The really bad news on ol we got another more serious injuris during game to a starter - jaz lee. Scott Morgan is out till unc , senior center still having trouble w hikes (his unexpected flenched at end , hansen has a brace on right shoulder, clark still has one on keft shoulder, lagood ??, minnihan has boot on left foot and cant put much weight on it. Gibbs came in and was service able

The single biggest play calling issue is NO FAST JET SWEEPS - to open up wider inside lanes for Mason and TO. I did like that oc had them successfully throw long balls to receivers.

Finally this game reminds me of the 18 usf - in that it makes this next game huge.

Milwaukee

Banned
Do we not have a screen pass game?? They blitzed all game and not one screen pass.

No slants. No quick hitters to the outside.

QB rotation is practically Russian roulette at this point. I’m not trying to throw in the towel this early, but good lord wtf is going on?

Don’t get me going again on DP please. If he’s on staff tomorrow then color me the bad guy cause I’m done with him.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Thanks to the STACKED defense CCG left. That defense was more talented than an all star team of CPj’s next 10.
Thanks to the STACKED defense CCG left. That defense was more talented than an all star team of CPj’s next 10.

Yet Chan could never win more than 9 games with all those "stacked" defenses. You suck at debates