The Citadel Postgame

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
We could only score 10 points on GW. If CPJ had a typical CPJ defense we lose that game by 20. If we had the 2008 roster we win this game by 20.
We also scored 45 on uga that year. I don't CGC could have done much better than what we have seen so far from him with 2008 talent. I've also yet to see any significant recruiting improvements.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
This sucks, but isn’t the time to jump ship. To all the people who like cpj more than tech, remember he walked away. If you can’t give Collins a couple years to get upgraded talent, then you may want to pick a new team as opposed to continue to bring up cpj. While this loss SUCKS, I am glad we are moving to a more updated system and think in a couple years it will be worth the pain we will feel for the next 18 months or so...

Stop this.

We were a bowl team that went 5-3 in conference last year, a fluke loss to Pitt from the ACCCG.

Saying that all of a sudden we have FCS talent in need of a rebuild is fake news.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Back to football:

Honestly, this is EXTREMELY EMBARRASSING!!!!

Defensive, I’m absolutely mystified at our approach! We preach Attack, but we were 100% reactionary today. I thought our DTs were horrible today. Our LBs eyes were bad but what’s new, and the secondary was WAITING for the ballcarrier all game.

I could very wrong but i thought we took a very arrogant approach to the TO. The Citadel ran to the bubble of 85%, but there were. O cross charges, no slanting, nothing!!! Almost as if we don’t have film of Clemson and Duke on how to play in backfield.

I would talk about the O, but i don’t want to have an aneurysm

Eli

Helluva Engineer
He can’t throw a forward pass and he’s a scholarship quarterback. He can get mad all he wants for not starting as a slot receiver but if you line him up in THIS offense at qb and just run him every play like you currently do, do you think we’re gonna win a football game against D1 dc’s? Not a chance.

We can't beat an fcs team with Lucas lol. Oliver is a play maker and a winner.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Look at the NFL draft history. There’s multiple FCS teams putting more guys in the league than us.

We don’t have an FBS QB. We don’t have an FBS OL. We don’t have an FBS WR corps. We don’t have an FBS MLB. We don’t have FBS DL.

We aren’t talented.

That being said we should have still won this game because The Citadel is a bad FCS team.

He can’t throw a forward pass and he’s a scholarship quarterback. He can get mad all he wants for not starting as a slot receiver but if you line him up in THIS offense at qb and just run him every play like you currently do, do you think we’re gonna win a football game against D1 dc’s? Not a chance.
Um he was 2 for 3 today with a dart to Camp. He was our top rated QB today

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
That was a real crap show today. Now that is 3 in a row. Just have to face facts. This is a bad football team right now. Bad on almost all fronts. The main thing is we don't have any playmakers on either side of the ball. Very little team chemistry (mojo) and damn poor luck on top of all that. I was really hoping we would break out today and get something going but it looks like this is who we are. I hate it but that's life. Maybe next year.

Go Jackets!

Milwaukee

Banned
You are the exception not the tile on here.

Make sure you wipe the confetti out your eyes @dressedcheeseside @Animal02 @Whiskey_Clear

DD7FCC4A-6168-4311-85CE-58B0A84CD03A.gif

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Look at the NFL draft history. There’s multiple FCS teams putting more guys in the league than us.

We don’t have an FBS QB. We don’t have an FBS OL. We don’t have an FBS WR corps. We don’t have an FBS MLB. We don’t have FBS DL.

We aren’t talented.

That being said we should have still won this game because The Citadel is a bad FCS team.
We were a 5-3 acc team last year. Do you see us reaching that again anytime soon?? Ok thanks

slugboy

Staff member
Did Oliver not have a 55 yard KO return and I just hallucinated?

I think it was one block away from being a touchdown. From my angle, it looked like the tackler could have been blocked, but the closest player seemed to be waiting on someone else to block.

—- general stuff below here, not a reply ——

One of Collins’ mottos is “how you do anything is how you do everything”. Overall, we lacked attention to detail and consistent effort. I saw so many times that a blocker was looking the wrong way or a player was undisciplined or a Citadel player rushed untouched or virtually untouched.

I’ve seen several times this year a bubble screen go completely unblocked. You know it’s a pass behind the line. Other teams block for that play, but we’re not. You can see the player coming if you’re watching.

We’re running the same plays as a lot of other teams. We’re just not running them well.

This was one of the worst losses for this school ever. Hopefully, it’s a wake up call.

If you think I’ve given up on Collins or the team, that’s not the case at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Milwaukee

Banned
We can't beat an fcs team with Lucas lol. Oliver is a play maker and a winner.

Can’t beat an fcs with either. But you’re right Oliver should’ve played the whole game. Who made the call, and what the hell did they see in that 1st half, that justified Lucas starting the 2nd half over Tobias?? My mind is bonkers right now.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
My reasoning is over the last ten years, our wpct is 57%. Over the last 5, we’re sub 500. And we’re changing O and D.

That’s a rebuild.
How about you include the whole picture and not just some of it. And CGC is working with way more resources than CPJ ever had even though we under paid all of his staff and didn't have to pay for an OC. I respect your very though. More rational than most.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
At what point do these wins and losses go to Collins? This year? Next year? Year 5? Just want to make a note so I can keep up.

It depends. CPJ had to own his losses but his wins in 2008 and 2009 were because of Gailey recruits. Didn’t you get the memo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk