The Citadel Postgame

Animal02

Banned
Again, pointing out that today was a debacle does not mean we enjoyed it. It tore my stomach up. I did not enjoy it.

It is UNBELIEVABLE that because I liked Coach Johnson, and would have been supportive of a Monken hire, that somehow that means I want this to happen. I am GT to my bones, and I could never want something like this (losing to an FCS school) to happen. I am pretty sure Animal, DCS, and others feel the same way. It is an INSULT for those that really were rooting against CPJ and the team in previous years to claim that CPJ fans want the team to lose. It is the exact opposite.
They are projecting.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
You can choose to believe me or not but we are about to lose at least 1 commit that I talked to 20 mins ago. They were already a little nervous after seeing the usf game
If they couldn't understand this is a rebuild when they committed, they would not have performed well or been in a healthy mental/competitive state while they were here. Disappointing but ultimately not a big loss.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
To ask who think this is ok because this is a rebuild... Quit drinking the koolaid. Just a few years ago in 2016 this was a nine win team.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Do I want the TO back? NO. do I want a COMPETENT OC? YES. Dave P is a joke of an OC.

Collins is WAY too loyal to guys and treats his team like they have EXTREMELY FRAGILE EGOS.

Yell at your kids. It's good for them

I don't respect my mom because she never disciplined me. I respect my father because he did.

3 unsportsmanlike behavior penalties should require suspension at this point. I'm baffled at how poor we looked. Coaches coming on to the field getting a warning, players yapping their mouths while losing to an inferior opponent.

A LOT OF TALK. They need to shut up until they do something worth doing.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
This is a ridiculous ideas that we don't have better talent than the citadel. Just keeping TO instead of LJ would have won the game, but we have garbage coaches, no excuse for that. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Well … we did look slower then they did on both lines. I noticed the same thing back in 1983 when we lost to Furman; we were a lot bigger and they simply out-quicked us. I think that come with the territory; you need bigger lineman to run a shotgun. Still, that was a revelation after 11 years where we ran rings around our opponents.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Why are people so against the concept of a rebuild? If you wanted instant guaranteed 7 win seasons, you should have gone with Monken. If you wanted to compete for ACC and National Championships, you hire Collins (or a Collins-esque style coach).
I wish we had monken or the Clemson OC instead