The ACC will delay the start of competition for all fall sports until at least Sept. 1

Deleted member 2897

From a family with a kid at Alabama - over 500 COVID cases now. They just took over a second dorm for isolation housing. Cops now actively separating all groups of more than 2 and shutting down bars. It’s wild out there my friends! Stay hydrated!

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I contacted my former neighbors in Birmingham this morning. They are very worried that high school football is going to be the trigger for another big surge in Alabama. They told me it may already be too late.

Deleted member 2897

I contacted my former neighbors in Birmingham this morning. They are very worried that high school football is going to be the trigger for another big surge in Alabama. They told me it may already be too late.

Are they allowing normal fan attendance or something?

GT_EE78

Banned
> The CDC has dropped its recommendation for travelers to quarantine for 14 days upon returning from trips overseas or out of state during the coronavirus pandemic.
> No response yet from NY,NJ or Conn as to when they will drop theirs.

GT_EE78

Banned
College Football Playoff to be played as scheduled after 2020 season with no plans for spring 2021
The Big Ten and Pac-12 may need to explore other options if they hope to play for more than league titles
> likewise , the rankings schedule is released

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
College Football Playoff to be played as scheduled after 2020 season with no plans for spring 2021
The Big Ten and Pac-12 may need to explore other options if they hope to play for more than league titles
> likewise , the rankings schedule is released
Why should this bother the B10 or the Pac-12? In the six years of the CFP, the Pac-12 has had two teams selected. Oregon once and Washington once. The B10 has also only had two teams selected. Michigan State once and Ohio State three times. The CFP is all about the SEC and Clemson. Why should anyone else care about structuring their team around that goal?

GT_EE78

Banned
Why should this bother the B10 or the Pac-12? In the six years of the CFP, the Pac-12 has had two teams selected. Oregon once and Washington once. The B10 has also only had two teams selected. Michigan State once and Ohio State three times. The CFP is all about the SEC and Clemson. Why should anyone else care about structuring their team around that goal?
I'd speculate that B10 and P12 were hoping for some sort of bowls/postseason for spring football. I'm not sure the spring stuff(bowls or postseason) will materialize if the regular season goes forward successfully. In a normal season there's only a handful of teams that have a realistic chance to make the CFP.Still, they all want to win.... If your point was that SEC and Clemson have been more successful than others, then I'd have to agree.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I doubt the Big 10 or Pac 12 is all that concerned with having a postseason other than maybe a conference championship. If they were then they wouldn't have made the decision that they made.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
The B1G decision to postpone may benefit tOSU for 2021. If they can avoid major injury, they get a full spring season to plug any EEs into the lineup and get them and other new starters game ready for the fall, whereas Clemson, Bama and the other playoff contenders will be starting their replacement training in the spring and summer camps and fall 2021 will be their first live game action. This could set tOSU and Michigan up for success this fall.