The ACC will delay the start of competition for all fall sports until at least Sept. 1

Deleted member 2897

We should have cans sled all football due to CTE risks long ago.

I hope we hook up with the teams who do want to play and make our own schedule.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

For those that can't read tweets, Dan Patrick reports Big 10 and Pac 12 will cancel. ACC and Big 12 undecided. SEC trying to convince others to play. My sense is the ACC will do as the SEC does, but we will see.

I don't think that the ACC will simply follow the SEC. If the Big 10 and/or Pac 12 postpone the season, then potential liability increases greatly for the other conferences.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
This. The liability for a league continuing to play when all/most others cancel is huge.

I agree. If in fact the BIG10 and PAC12 do cancel/“postpone”, I don’t see how any other conference moves on as scheduled. They would never win a liability case if one were to occur if other conferences have cancelled.

LibertyTurns

Banned
There haven't been an overwhelming majority of experts saying that it doesn't transmit by air.......The experts have been pretty steady in their recommendations.
Maybe you’ve forgotten. I could find plenty of more articles regarding transmission methods including those early on which stated airborne by any means was not likely.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Maybe you’ve forgotten. I could find plenty of more articles regarding transmission methods including those early on which stated airborne by any means was not likely.

Your article proves my point? Experts say it's airborne. Governmental and political medical advice is lacking? Go figure. My exact words:

"There haven't been an overwhelming majority of experts saying that it doesn't transmit by air.......The experts have been pretty steady in their recommendations."

Don't confuse politicians and government leaders with experts.

Deleted member 2897

Interesting. It is being reported that Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State voted to not play football. It is now being reported that Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State want to reach out to the Big 12 if the rest of the Big 10 don't play football. Obviously some of the reporting is not accurate.

Could be the difference between the University President and Athletic Department? If the ACC votes down a season, I hope we reach out to these teams to put together a schedule. How about a season where we play Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Clemson, Georgia, Auburn....? :)

Milwaukee

Banned
Interesting. It is being reported that Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State voted to not play football. It is now being reported that Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State want to reach out to the Big 12 if the rest of the Big 10 don't play football. Obviously some of the reporting is not accurate.

All sorts of info flying around. If I had to guess it was the Presidents that took the vote without the AD or HC. Should be an interesting day as it unfolds.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Could be the difference between the University President and Athletic Department? If the ACC votes down a season, I hope we reach out to these teams to put together a schedule. How about a season where we play Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Clemson, Georgia, Auburn....? :)
I am pretty sure if a University President says "no" to football, the AD can't override him. The only thing that surprises me is the haste to make decisions before students are even back on campus. If the school can mitigate the inevitable outbreaks on campus they might be able to have a season.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I am pretty sure if a University President says "no" to football, the AD can't override him. The only thing that surprises me is the haste to make decisions before students are even back on campus. If the school can mitigate the inevitable outbreaks on campus they might be able to have a season.
Well I think what he's getting at is more a scenario where some schools vote "Yes," but most vote "No." So then the remaining schools band together