Thank you, Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think Monken is the more likely of all service academy coaches to find the human Holy Grail for Johnson's offense, a thinking QB who can run and throw and wants to be at West Point. if and when he does, everybody on Army's schedule needs to build their own wall.

I think Monken will find that guy after he leaves West Point.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
Big Monken fan.
I thought he was the best candidate no matter what offense they were tied to.
I hope 2 years from now we aren't saying what could have been.

I'm not a big fan of all the hype before we play a single game.
I'm afraid we can't back it up.

Big Monken fan.
I thought he was the best candidate no matter what offense they were tied to.
I hope 2 years from now we aren't saying what could have been.

I'm not a big fan of all the hype before we play a single game.
I'm afraid we can't back it up.
I seem to remember a spring game 12 years ago that ended with everyone saying we won't win 2 games this year. We went bowling that year. This staff is light years ahead of the previous staff in marketing and promoting Tech it isn't funny. I much rather have hype and hope going into this spring and upcoming beat down we put on the ***** cats. If you can't be pumped now, you need to turn in the membership card. I get it that you loved Paul and that's grand, but this is new day and if you can't see the positive vibe and appreciate it follow one of the academe's or KSU and have fun. We don't need you.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I seem to remember a spring game 12 years ago that ended with everyone saying we won't win 2 games this year. We went bowling that year. This staff is light years ahead of the previous staff in marketing and promoting Tech it isn't funny. I much rather have hype and hope going into this spring and upcoming beat down we put on the ***** cats. If you can't be pumped now, you need to turn in the membership card. I get it that you loved Paul and that's grand, but this is new day and if you can't see the positive vibe and appreciate it follow one of the academe's or KSU and have fun. We don't need you.
We need every single fan we can get. There's plenty of guys cautiously optimistic who aren't chugging down the 40 oz Guice smoothy that's gushing out of the GT football media room firehose.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We need every single fan we can get. There's plenty of guys cautiously optimistic who aren't chugging down the 40 oz Guice smoothy that's gushing out of the GT football media room firehose.
No one cares what folks drink as long as they give, buy tickets, come to games, and cheer (while wearing gold )!

I am amazed at how weak the gt fan base is.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
He'll be Illinois' coach in two seasons.
Did u know
1. Illinois used to be a running powerhouse.
2. They are one of the few athletic association in worse financial shape than gt.

They could give it a go as the NON STEM TO .

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
if he's not been hired by now, given his recent success, I don't see what 2 more seasons' difference will make. A B!G school won't go down the PJ TO road.

I enjoy the TO, but it is going to be confined to the service academies for the forseeable future. Recruiting, rule changes, and the fact that people love passing...it is just too much to overcome. CPJ knew it, too.

I enjoy the TO, but it is going to be confined to the service academies for the forseeable future. Recruiting, rule changes, and the fact that people love passing...it is just too much to overcome. CPJ knew it, too.
I don't think he did. I really feel that he is sitting in his favorite chair at home still thinking Tech is two steps behind him and he is still the smartest guy on Techwood Ave.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm a Monken fan. I have no doubts he would have tweaked the offense like he did at GA Southern had GT hired him. For some reason I felt like he could have achieved the same things CPJ did at GT, but his floor would have been higher than CPJ's due to his willingness to embrace outside schemes, and his positive persona. That guy is a damn good coach.

I think for many reasons T Stan and GT couldn't go down that road right after CPJ. We'll see how it plays out for CGC.

If Rutgers is smart, they go HARD after Monken if their coach doesn't work out.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Yes this. We really need less fans right now. Great job leading from the front. Do you collect membership cards in person?

Animal02

Banned
Hype and marketing do not win games.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Monken was my pick all along. I've known him for more than 20 years and he is a class act through and through.
there are some things to like about collins - and there are things i remain skeptical of until i see the product on the field.

if the AAF makes it to year two, would the atlanta legends be so bold as to ...
nah.
but that would be fun to watch.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Wonder how much they have already increased revenue even before winning games.

Tech fans don’t tend to back teams they don’t think will win at a pretty high level. Especially when uga is riding high. Y’all optimistic types better boost your expected win totals for 2019 and blast that optimism out all over social media to convey high expectations. Otherwise.......

Status
Not open for further replies.