Tennessee Game 1

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Nah. He can just chop block him and destroy his knees like we do every person we play against.
Tech is missing a rich endorsement opportunity by not partnering with one or more orthopedic practices in Atlanta. "We'll fix what they break". When they're already afraid of cut blocks it is time to pour it on.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

''Tennessee coach Butch Jones said his team began preparing for the season opener against Georgia Tech and its unique offense back in the spring. Of those 15 practices, Jones estimates they spent one-third of their time working on the Jackets. He does have some unique insight on his staff -- three assistants recently spent time on ACC Coastal Division staffs.''

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer

''Tennessee coach Butch Jones said his team began preparing for the season opener against Georgia Tech and its unique offense back in the spring. Of those 15 practices, Jones estimates they spent one-third of their time working on the Jackets. He does have some unique insight on his staff -- three assistants recently spent time on ACC Coastal Division staffs.''

I see it as, we are in there heads and he's going to overthink and out scheme himself.

Yjacket82

Georgia Tech Fan
I just wanted to jump in on the conversation about this game. I'm a UT grad, but my dad is a GT alum (class of 73' I think). I grew up watching/listening to football games every Saturday. Still have tons of respect and love for GT and this is a great opportunity for my dad and I to watch the game together in Atlanta.
I don't have any bold predictions for the game, but I think the vols will be underestimated this year. Their offensive line will be a surprising strength. Our defense certainly can't be as porous as the end of last year, so there is optimism there as well.
GT is a tough opener and having watched most of their games last year, I'm not feeling like this a cake walk at all.

Not trying to be disrespectful here, but take it from experience, the defense can always get worse.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

So now the SEC is stocking up on our coaches?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Let's hope he is taking advise from the UNC assistant. I'm pretty sure he was there when Vad put up 63pts

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Saw tennesse coach on ESPN. when asked about Gt game - said he was trying to win championship. Reporter asked about recruiting with 2018 for Ut showing up at #5 and how it feels to compete w Alabama. Again after that went back to we just focus on winning championships. Said sec is tough top to bottom while acc has some good teams and weaker teams at bottom.

As a tech man I feel snubbed. .

Till this interview I was kind of neutral about ut overall, but now I hope we snub these guys.

gtvol

Georgia Tech Fan
So are you a GT or a UT fan?

UT fan. However, my dad raised me to yell the hell with Georgia. Grew up on GT football and I have very fond memories of the 1990 season. I was around 7 or 8 and remember watching and/or listening to every game. I think that year was a 6-3 win over VT and a 13-13 tie with UNC. The goal line stand on 4th down vs UVA on the lacrosse turf in Charlottesville is the best moment of that year. Then beat Nebraska in the Citrus Bowl for what I believe to be outright national champs bc Colorado got a 5th down.
Nonetheless, I have a soft spot for GT, but will be rooting for my alma mater in the head to head match up.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
UT fan. However, my dad raised me to yell the hell with Georgia. Grew up on GT football and I have very fond memories of the 1990 season. I was around 7 or 8 and remember watching and/or listening to every game. I think that year was a 6-3 win over VT and a 13-13 tie with UNC. The goal line stand on 4th down vs UVA on the lacrosse turf in Charlottesville is the best moment of that year. Then beat Nebraska in the Citrus Bowl for what I believe to be outright national champs bc Colorado got a 5th down.
Nonetheless, I have a soft spot for GT, but will be rooting for my alma mater in the head to head match up.
That's respectable, at least we all hate red and black...

stech81

Helluva Engineer
By any chance do you live in Virginia ? And if so ask your Dad if 622 means anything > If so tell him Hi for me.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Well since you have a soft spot for GT maybe it will be easier on you when we destroy UT ;)