Temple Post Game

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes, there is a real difference between going 1-11 or 5-7. JMO
Yup..there is a gigantic difference to 1-11 and 5-7....not much to us fans...but to the Seniors..who've spent 4 or 5 years sweating and bleeding for GT .... because they'll be answering questions about 2019 football for the rest of their lives...

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Who cares that Georgia Southern was playing their first year in the FBS at that time?
That pales in comparison to this transition, which is the largest, most amazing, and most difficult transition in the history of college football! CGC and P'nut are doing the most amazing coaching job ever, and anyone that expects to win games anytime before 2025 needs to keep quiet and get on board.

Now, please excuse me while I practice my team dance moves for money, flava', holla down next weekend. #404 #money-balla-money #flatbill #wafflehouse
I forgot it was their first year in FBS. Great point. The CGC apologist will have some excuse or other to cover this. Hell I'm waiting to hear more how this is CPJ's fault.

Zone Blocking schemes and Pass protection require O line man to be 6-3 315 lbs. We aint got many of those. I doubt we will be getting back into 3 point stances. We have 1 guy back who started for us, Cooper and he is hobbled. Eddie Lee Ivery could not run behind this line. I will re-state, our D front 7 is light and we have no depth. Losing Big B was a real blow to the D. Go back and watch the Louisville game.

I have been a Tech fan through many tough times and that is what makes me a Tech fan. I saw some good stuff today but we need to face facts. We had it pretty good during CPJ but it was his Offensive coaching that kept us in games. Right now our D is pretty good except they are wearing out because the O can't move the ball.

I remember going to the Maryland game in 1989. We were O-3 after 2 bad seasons and began to wonder......Then we just seemed to click and never looked back. I am not saying we are at that point but I am willing to give this coach 3 years like we gave Ross. Hell O'Leary took 3 years to get things going.

As said before, I loved the CPJ years but we are moving on. Get to the damn game and cheer.....I was at the 1980 Notre Dame game......remember....

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Per the post you replied to, even money. I'm assuming those are serious predictions folks are putting out there and not hyperbole.
I haven't put that prediction out there. Assuming that you're feeling confident in not being 1-11, and you're not being hyperbolic...I ask again, what kind of odds you willing to give? Show us how confident you are.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't put that prediction out there. Assuming that you're feeling confident in not being 1-11, and you're not being hyperbolic...I ask again, what kind of odds you willing to give? Show us how confident you are.
Then you're not someone my offer was intended for :)

Not going down the path of odds.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Some of y'all need to chill out. You are judging an entire coaching staff on 4 games during an overhaul. I hate the term rebuild because CPJ was very successful here, but we are overhauling pretty much everything about the program.

I know that it has been about as ugly as it can get, but the future is bright. CGC has to have time to recruit and he has shown me that he can do that very effectively. If he doesn't do anything in year 3, I'll start to turn on him, but he needs to have time to overhaul the program.

We only have 11 seniors on the team. Think about that for a minute...... 11 seniors this year. That is really incredible and it shows on the field because guys are making mistakes that veterans would minimize.

It is also obvious that we need to build around James Graham. My dad commented that he looked like Joe Hamilton on a couple of the throws.

The future is bright. If you're only going to complain about every play then you might as well not watch. I know that I'm going to watch every week and cheer on the Jackets no matter what! I still think that we can win some more games, we just can't have turnovers in the red zone and we can't have dumb penalties.