Temple Fans view of Collins and Patenaude

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Is it not at least a little alarming that he keeps losing to FCS teams? Losing to an FCS rival and then Buffalo the next week turned what probably should have been a 10 win campaign into an 8 win campaign. That is a big difference in perception. That adds up. You can’t botch FCS games.
Would you prefer beating the stone cold crap out of Alcorn State and Tulane, and then going 3-9?

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Georgia Tech offensive coordinator Dave Patenaude said Tuesday that his usage of quarterbacks Tobias Oliver, Lucas Johnson and James Graham is determined by a number of factors, including field position, the schemes of the defense and feel.

So, the above was from the AJC-
1. Field position-Imagine if every OC in the country rotated QBs based on this
2. Schemes of the D-why isn’t he dictating the flow here with his O. Offense should be proactive and the D should be adjusting
3. His feel-this one bothers me bc he has used poor “feel” judgement so far. One small example, TO drives down and scores against Citadel right before half but OC starts LJ in 2nd half and sticks with him most of the half...not good feel

So far, I’m not impressed and he seems out of touch. Also, worries me that most of his prior experience was with smaller schools that don’t jump off the page as powerhouses. Hope he proves me wrong.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Would you prefer beating the stone cold crap out of Alcorn State and Tulane, and then going 3-9?

You might as well have saved yourself some time and just typed out: BUT PAUL JOHNSON!

Our current head coach is currently in a trend of losing to FCS teams. That’s not a good thing. That has nothing to do with Paul Johnson. My point still stands, if you can’t beat FCS teams which are as close to a gimmie as you’ll ever get, it’s going to add up.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Adding to this, yes we could have continued to have success running the triple at GT. CPJ already proved that. I still think we were headed for a tough season if CPJ or another option guy came in, but that’s just a guess on my part.

Thing is, I don’t think we have to run the triple to have success at GT. We aren’t Clemson. We aren’t UGA. But we aren’t Navy, Army, Kansas, or Colorado School of Mines either. I think the triple put a cap on how successful we could be. It sucks but negative perception really took its toll on us in recruiting and overall brand/reputation.

We had the triple for a time when we needed it. Now that TStan and CGC appear to be upping the game with support for our program, I think we can raise that ceiling without the negative PR that unfortunately comes with the triple.

It’s all still football. There are plenty of schemes that can work just fine at Tech. They just have to be run properly and maximize talent. The last scheme did that. The current one can....but adjustments are sorely needed. Hoping to see them Saturday.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Patenaude will be here next year regardless of what happens on the field unless he gets hired away.

As much as I dislike CDP's offensive "flow" he deserves more time to get the offense installed.

As far as the QB subbing critiques - I believe that is mostly on Collins. He'll either be lauded as a genius or he won't. I think the roster management ideas are pretty much all on him. Can't say I have been a fan of it and can't say I agree with many of the moves, but seems like his deal and that's why he gets paid the big bucks and I don't.