Temple Fans view of Collins and Patenaude

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
https://templefootballforever.wordpress.com/2018/09/02/tu-offense-and-geoff-collins-sockless/

Interesting read from a Temple fan a year ago on their view of Collins and Patenuade. The comments tend to agree with the writer.

Best quote: "Clearly, Patenaude stubbornly wants to force this square peg into a round hole and it’s not working nor probably ever will."

What we are seeing at Tech is nothing new boys. Wish we had seen it coming. I hope Collins can rewrite his narrative.

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
https://templefootballforever.wordpress.com/2018/09/02/tu-offense-and-geoff-collins-sockless/

Interesting read from a Temple fan a year ago on their view of Collins and Patenuade. The comments tend to agree with the writer.

Best quote: "Clearly, Patenaude stubbornly wants to force this square peg into a round hole and it’s not working nor probably ever will."

What we are seeing at Tech is nothing new boys. Wish we had seen it coming. I hope Collins can rewrite his narrative.

I'm pretty sure a bunch of us saw this coming. Out of all the hires, Paternaude was the only one people on here (and other sites) didn't like/want.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete

They averaged 35 points per game last year and went 7-1 in their league. I think they put up 45 in their dogfight loss against UCF. Oh, and they beat USF. We didn’t. All of this came AFTER starting the season 0-2 against FCS Villanova and Buffalo.

It’s not hard to cherry pick quotes from a football forum to fit one’s narrative.

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
This article was written a bit prematurely 9/8/18

they proceed to go 7-2 after this blog.
Later articles talk about the frustration with Patenaude.
This one praises that Patenaude is leaving.
https://templefootballforever.wordpress.com/2019/01/03/fizzys-corner-follow-up-and-search/
Quote:"It has now been confirmed that Dave Patenaude is the offensive coordinator at Georgia Tech. Therefore, the Broad Street Offense is no more. It’s now the Peachtree Street Offense. The Georgia Tech fans have been waiting for a new offense, just wait till they get a load of this. The under/over on reverses for the 2019 season is “2.” For bootlegs, at the goal line it’s “1.”"

That first thread was also after 1 whole season with Patenaude and Collins. It's not a premature as you think. They're expressing similar frustrations from a year ago.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Is it not at least a little alarming that he keeps losing to FCS teams? Losing to an FCS rival and then Buffalo the next week turned what probably should have been a 10 win campaign into an 8 win campaign. That is a big difference in perception. That adds up. You can’t botch FCS games.
What do you think we should do about it? Fire them now?

BTW, didn’t Temple just lose to Buffalo again last week? That’s not on GC.

Nobody feels ok with losing to Citadel. Some of us are ready to move on to the next game.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Later articles talk about the frustration with Patenaude.
This one praises that Patenaude is leaving.
https://templefootballforever.wordpress.com/2019/01/03/fizzys-corner-follow-up-and-search/
Quote:"It has now been confirmed that Dave Patenaude is the offensive coordinator at Georgia Tech. Therefore, the Broad Street Offense is no more. It’s now the Peachtree Street Offense. The Georgia Tech fans have been waiting for a new offense, just wait till they get a load of this. The under/over on reverses for the 2019 season is “2.” For bootlegs, at the goal line it’s “1.”"

That first thread was also after 1 whole season with Patenaude and Collins. It's not a premature as you think. They're expressing similar frustrations from a year ago.
Temple went 7-6 the year prior. Nothing about Temple + 7-6 = worst coaching staff in the country. If anything, that just further discredits the author.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
What do you think we should do about it? Fire them now?

BTW, didn’t Temple just lose to Buffalo again last week? That’s not on GC.

Nobody feels ok with losing to Citadel. Some of us are ready to move on to the next game.

No I don’t want to fire them now, but this is a Georgia Tech Football forum where we discuss Georgia Tech Football, so it’s perfectly acceptable for us to discuss the Georgia Tech Football Coach’s trend of losing to FCS teams.

What should we do about it? If you ask that question, there’s literally no point in having a forum. None of us can do anything of meaning for Georgia Tech football with a simple post here. We’re here to talk about Georgia Tech football. That’s what I’m talking about.