Temple Fans view of Collins and Patenaude

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I counted 28 freshman and sophomores who have been ATL and seen snaps on the field (not including the kickers). Walk-ons are playing significantly at OL, TE and DT. That's the definition of a rebuild.
Are you counting redshirt sophomores too? Cause thats players in year 3 in this program.

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
The amount of negativity on this board after just 3 games is ridiculous. It's so easy to spot the CPJ fanboys now
Hey man, I never meant for this to become so negative. I just stated it was an interesting read. Merely pointing out some similarities I see in the frustrations in between the fan bases with the coaches. I'm not a CPJ fanboy. I liked his time here but I knew it was time for him to go and I was really excited about CGC and a transition to something else. And I'm still excited about CGC but I just want to see some improvement, especially after last week. I guess my post created a negative monster. My bad.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
https://templefootballforever.wordpress.com/2018/09/02/tu-offense-and-geoff-collins-sockless/

Interesting read from a Temple fan a year ago on their view of Collins and Patenuade. The comments tend to agree with the writer.

Best quote: "Clearly, Patenaude stubbornly wants to force this square peg into a round hole and it’s not working nor probably ever will."

What we are seeing at Tech is nothing new boys. Wish we had seen it coming. I hope Collins can rewrite his narrative.
I cannot think of a single coach whose coaching has never been questioned or doubted.... can you?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
We’ve showed over the past 11yrs that one side of the ball can generate wins. Maybe the defense can carry us there

Still need an offense at some point, otherwise this happens...

beamer.0.jpeg

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
LOL. Some of the people griping the loudest right now were on fire for CGC and a good portion of the ones calling for more time and patience were CPJs biggest fans.
Exactly! There are some people on here that, if I make a comment like “I wish we had gone for first down instead of punting” during a game, they would be saying that I am a CPJ fanboy, apologist, secret lover, etc. I readily admit that I respected the job CPJ did. However, I am probably cutting CGC more slack than a lot of the anti-CPJ/ pro-CGC crowd that has been posting here for the last couple of weeks.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I counted 28 freshman and sophomores who have been ATL and seen snaps on the field (not including the kickers). Walk-ons are playing significantly at OL, TE and DT. That's the definition of a rebuild.
Well … more a definition of a team with a lot of OL injuries. And that was thinned out at DT by the sudden and tragic death of one of our sure starters. The first will pass. Unfortunately, not the second.

There. FIFY.