TECH VS MIAMI POSTGAME

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
My 2 cents on QB play:
Pyron should be QB1 going into spring camp. Heard a few things today that shocked me, Sims basically needs surgery but rather than get the season ending procedure, he is needed in emergency cases. Today wasn't one only because Gibson didn't get hurt. The Clempson transfer is doing all he can to hold a clip board. If Pyron is hurt and misses the unc game, it is a good thing because it saves his redshirt. Bad thing is Gibson is the man and if he follows our QB luck, he'll get hurt and a 65% Sims will play. Watch for H Hall and D Smith to take snaps in the wildcat vs uga.
Coming from the basketball world as a post player, we're told that if our fingers or hands touch the ball, we should have caught it. Our receivers and tight ends play as though they have never been told this. They play as of they have never been hit before.
O-line did decent today, not good but did give time for the QBs to throw.
D, well, they only allowed 28pts.
A Miami coaches "family member" (he had sideline passes and was looking for the field entrance) said the Miami staff is looking at replacing 60-70% of the team this off season. They will be asking players to transfer and/or making life a living hell so they will quit. Year 2, or new staff could come in and do the same. Clean house.
Anyway, this season has been a slow death (hey we got 2 games left!) I'm ready for the Monday after the uga game to hear our new coach being announced. Im ready for September 2023. I really don't want to watch us play the mutts. BUT, all that being said, I'm a Jacket for life. Nothing is going to be sweeter in life than when we give uga the first of consecutive loses to keep them out the CFP. GO TECH!!!

Deleted member 6494

We can only hope. We need a fresh start in many ways, including quite a few of the players on scholarship. I am hoping there is a rush to the portal to clear out some space for new recruits and portal finds for the new coach.

Not a player on this team I would be sad to lose to the portal or other means. I am still mad we had Jamyr Gibbs and proceeded to NOT give him 25+ touches EVERY game. Some games he didn't even get 10 carries. NUTS. Good for him going to Bama and getting back on track to be a first round pick in NFL draft.
That is not true; there are many excellent players on the team, and I saw good effort. Sometimes everything is out of sync; Tech students and past students should know very well that if the foundation is not laid correctly, everything above it will eventually fall.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the injury story regarding Sims is probably what is going on. The guy was visibly upset when he left the UVA game. I don't think he'd quit on the team that easily. If he transfers at the end of the season, so what. GT football will be undergoing a transition and new faces all over the football program may help us

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
A Miami coaches "family member" (he had sideline passes and was looking for the field entrance) said the Miami staff is looking at replacing 60-70% of the team this off season. They will be asking players to transfer and/or making life a living hell so they will quit. Year 2, or new staff could come in and do the same. Clean house.
Something about hiring coaches from Temple, huh…

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The coaching staff was going to put Sims in the game after Pyron got hurt. Sims wouldn’t go into the game when the coaches asked him too. I’ve even heard from a friend that sits in the family section that Jeff’s dad went down to the first row and called Jeff over and told him to go into the game. Jeff just shook his head no and didn’t go into the game. Multiple people tried to get him to into the game, he didn’t.
If this is true he needs to be dismissed from the team immediately.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
This is a douchey thing to say given that there's rumors about it being a serious enough injury to require surgery.
Come on man. If it were that serious then he wouldn’t be dressed…and his dad wouldn’t be telling him to go in the game either. If he truly refused to go into the game then he either needs to leave the team on his own or be dismissed. That kind of crap sets a bad example for other players and shouldn’t be tolerated.

Again…if it’s even true.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
nm
Given there's plenty of rumors going around about him needing surgery, it really seems like our other QBs would have to be all injured before it gets to that "emergency" level that would be worth putting him at risk for making the injury worse.
I mean, it just doesn’t make sense. Why forego surgery to be available, but then refuse to go in when you’re needed? Especially when one TD is required to tie the game! I mean if you aren’t going to play on that situation why would you play in either of the two remaining games?

MAT 2005

Georgia Tech Fan
Y’all want Jeff to go out there and play behind that sorry *** o-line that got Pyron hit a lot and got him hurt before too?? I’m not saying it’s right but I get where he’s coming from!!

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I think the injury story regarding Sims is probably what is going on. The guy was visibly upset when he left the UVA game. I don't think he'd quit on the team that easily. If he transfers at the end of the season, so what. GT football will be undergoing a transition and new faces all over the football program may help us
I really don't think so either. Likely he shouldn't be playing under any circumstances, emergency or otherwise. We shouldn't be asking him too either.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Y’all want Jeff to go out there and play behind that sorry *** o-line that got Pyron hit a lot and got him hurt before too?? I’m not saying it’s right but I get where he’s coming from!!
Then quit…which honestly is basically what he did if these stories are true.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I really don't think so either. Likely he shouldn't be playing under any circumstances, emergency or otherwise. We shouldn't be asking him too either.
Then why is he dressed? Why hasn’t he had surgery? If the injury is that bad then go have surgery and dress in sweats. Don’t put pads on and act like you’re going to play then refuse when the coaches tell you to go in.

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
So, Tech is losing by a single score going into the 4th quarter when the #2 QB gets hurt. The #1 guy is cleared to play and won't go in when you are coaching for your job and your teammates are fighting to get to a bowl game. IF all this is true, Key showed remarkeable professionalism to keep his thoughts to himself during that presser. I hope, for Sims sake, that things are NOT as they

Last edited:

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So, Tech is losing by a single score going into the 4th quarter when the #2 QB gets hurt. The #1 guy is cleared to play and won't go in when you are coaching for your job and your teammates are fighting to get to a bowl game. IF all this is true, Key showed remarkeable professionalism to keep his thoughts to himself during that presser. I hope, for Sims sake, that things are NOT as they appear.
I agree that it was good to not comment during the press conference. But IF this is true then I would go so far as to say the #1 guy should have been sent to the locker room when he refused to play.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
We can only hope. CBK staying on would be throwing in the towel and being content with the occasional 6 and 7 win season to go with a lot of 4 and 5 win seasons. Aim higher please.
I’m not sure that’s accurate, but I do think we should move on just to completely cut ties with the mess we’ve suffered through over the last four years.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Come on man. If it were that serious then he wouldn’t be dressed…and his dad wouldn’t be telling him to go in the game either. If he truly refused to go into the game then he either needs to leave the team on his own or be dismissed. That kind of crap sets a bad example for other players and shouldn’t be tolerated.

Again…if it’s even true.
Here's the thing. I don't believe it's true.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Alright, frustration aside. Neither I nor anyone else knows exactly what happened with Jeff. What's been rumored sounds bad, but there are a lot of factors in play - injury, change in staff, etc. Whatever the reason it sounds like Jeff won't be playing any more for us this year (or possibly ever). He had flashes this year and was fun to watch. I wish he would have been able to play the whole season and get better to help us win, but unfortunately it just didn't happen.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
It's interesting to compare Auburn to Tech this year. Like Tech, AU fired its coach and his assistants. The interim has no head coaching experience. The starting QB abandoned the team and won't play.

Message from the coach to the team: "Play or quit".

AU begged for turnout and sold out the stadium. The students were in their seats 30 min before the game and AU beat Texas A&M for their 4th win. You would have thought they won the Superbowl. Neither the team nor the fans left before 30 more minutes after the game.

Tech will be fine. We have a new AD who will get it done. Be patient.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
The coaching staff was going to put Sims in the game after Pyron got hurt. Sims wouldn’t go into the game when the coaches asked him too. I’ve even heard from a friend that sits in the family section that Jeff’s dad went down to the first row and called Jeff over and told him to go into the game. Jeff just shook his head no and didn’t go into the game. Multiple people tried to get him to into the game, he didn’t.
If that is the case, he needs to go.