TECH VS MIAMI POSTGAME

EE95_curse EMAG!

Jolly Good Fellow
Damn shame about Pyron and so soon. Welp guess that's two games.that we are going to get embarrassed now . Do we really need to play UGa this year ?

Well, we have to be dog food for the mutts. Hard to live with UGA fans gloating, but they have seen underperforming teams for 35 years until Kirby, so at least we didn't have to put up with this for long stretch of time. Lets hope UGA over eats and gets a tummy ache.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Puma isn’t hurt. He just sucks
I watched him play a game at Clemson as back up in the 3rd quarter last year after he came back from his injury. Got put in when Ug was imploding against Pitt. Made throws, ran the ball well, had a couple dropped passes with one could have been a TD and the other extending a drive if not dropped but in that series moved them down the field for a FG their 2nd score of the day. Maybe he completely sucks, but in limited snaps against a Top 25 team with a good defense in a competitive game he performed capably in a live ACC game. Given what I've seen from him in a real game, I have a hard time believing he's worse than a guy that's won 2 games over 3 years playing in the MAC. Maybe it's so, just seems real unlikely.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
The coaching staff was going to put Sims in the game after Pyron got hurt. Sims wouldn’t go into the game when the coaches asked him too. I’ve even heard from a friend that sits in the family section that Jeff’s dad went down to the first row and called Jeff over and told him to go into the game. Jeff just shook his head no and didn’t go into the game. Multiple people tried to get him to into the game, he didn’t.
I don't know what happened today, but I'm not sure how much I believe this. Key’s comment was that "he was not available to go in" when asked whether he was cleared to play. Given there's plenty of rumors going around about him needing surgery, it really seems like our other QBs would have to be all injured before it gets to that "emergency" level that would be worth putting him at risk for making the injury worse.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
The coaching staff was going to put Sims in the game after Pyron got hurt. Sims wouldn’t go into the game when the coaches asked him too. I’ve even heard from a friend that sits in the family section that Jeff’s dad went down to the first row and called Jeff over and told him to go into the game. Jeff just shook his head no and didn’t go into the game. Multiple people tried to get him to into the game, he didn’t.
This kind of matches what I felt Key kept avoiding in the press conference when asked a couple of times. He didn’t look happy about whatever it was that went down.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know what happened today, but I'm not sure how much I believe this. Key’s comment was that "he was not available to go in" when asked whether he was cleared to play. Given there's plenty of rumors going around about him needing surgery, it really seems like our other QBs would have to be all injured before it gets to that "emergency" level that would be worth putting him at risk for making the injury worse.
I mean it also may just be Key being a professional and a good coach. You don't publicly shame and criticize your players. You deal with that in the clubhouse and locker room, but you don't drag players through the mud to the media. Hard to tell. Honestly, our collective guessing on this forum probably won't solve anything. I'm just waiting to hear official statements from either Key, Sims, or whoever.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I watched him play a game at Clemson as back up in the 3rd quarter last year after he came back from his injury. Got put in when Ug was imploding against Pitt. Made throws, ran the ball well, had a couple dropped passes with one could have been a TD and the other extending a drive if not dropped but in that series moved them down the field for a FG their 2nd score of the day. Maybe he completely sucks, but in limited snaps against a Top 25 team with a good defense in a competitive game he performed capably in a live ACC game. Given what I've seen from him in a real game, I have a hard time believing he's worse than a guy that's won 2 games over 3 years playing in the MAC. Maybe it's so, just seems real unlikely.
I've heard he has turnover issues. Not that we've proven immune to those without him...

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
So you're saying I'm insufferable for posting doom and gloom and have posts like this yourself...

Sorry you don't like me posting "I told you so" when I've been proven right. Here's where I was wrong: I still thought Chip would be a slight improvement. Sorry for being too optimistic.

You can ignore me if you find me truly insufferable.
“Clean house completely and start fresh”. That’s refreshing and optimistic in my mind.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
I was fortunate enough to go to a few practices before the season started. I just didn’t see anything out of Puma. It was so confusing to me since you would see flashes of solid play while he was at Clemson. There’s a reason why it took him 6 months to find a team when he was in the transfer portal. He just wasn’t making good reads or throws in the passing game and for being a mobile QB, his reads and decisions in the running game weren’t that good either. He’s fallen to 4th string when everyone is healthy.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I mean it also may just be Key being a professional and a good coach. You don't publicly shame and criticize your players. You deal with that in the clubhouse and locker room, but you don't drag players through the mud to the media. Hard to tell. Honestly, our collective guessing on this forum probably won't solve anything. I'm just waiting to hear official statements from either Key, Sims, or whoever.
I'll eventually get the full scoop from a mutual friend I have with Brent. Not going to press for it now.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
No, I tried tackling 3 guys at once in a rugby game. Knee met collarbone. I stopped that score, but had to make the next tackle without my right arm before finally asking for a sub.
That wasn't over in the Rose Bowl in the early 80's was it? That story seems real familiar.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I was fortunate enough to go to a few practices before the season started. I just didn’t see anything out of Puma. It was so confusing to me since you would see flashes of solid play while he was at Clemson. There’s a reason why it took him 6 months to find a team when he was in the transfer portal. He just wasn’t making good reads or throws in the passing game and for being a mobile QB, his reads and decisions in the running game weren’t that good either. He’s fallen to 4th string when everyone is healthy.
Well, it wouldn't be the first time that a QB just couldn't get it back. It's happened in other sports, take David Duval for example, one day he's on top of the world, a couple year's later he's a completely different player.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I'm just waiting to hear official statements from either Key, Sims, or whoever.
I don't think there will be official statements. If it is a medical condition, they have kept the extent of it secret so aren't likely to publicize it now. If there was another issue, Key had the perfect opportunity to publicize it and didn't. There might be things in the near future that provide more clues, but I seriously doubt that anybody is going to provide definitive answers to the fans.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
No, this particular instance was at a tournament in Statesboro. I still hate that town for how unhelpful everything was about that incident.
Glad it wasn't my knee. I messed some kid up over there when I was asked to play by my roommate whose team was shorthanded & I had never played rugby before. I was real good at tackling and was pretty hard to get down. This poor fellow mistook me for someone much easier to tackle due to my lack of body fat and he ended up in the ER & surgery that day. I didn't do it on purpose, but have always regretted that happening and didn't play again after that.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll eventually get the full scoop from a mutual friend I have with Brent. Not going to press for it now.
Big League, I’ll be waiting on your trusted source from the source. Let me know what he says about sims and the other players potentially leaving. Curious if it’s any different from what was being said amongst some of the the player’s families at the game today. Didn’t see you there to chime in.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Too bad about Pyron's injury. I thought he needed another year in the weight room.

I think he would be a much better QB in an option scheme than in the vanilla spread Tech runs, however. He's mobile and with more strength could be very dangerous. Also, he can throw well. I've said here before that he reminds me of Neil Ferguson. That guy was pure murder when he was on. Pyron could be as well.

I hadn't heard about Sims and the coaches and, officially, I still haven't. I'll keep my mouth shut and my hands to myself until I do.