TECH VS MIAMI POSTGAME

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
There are a few posters on this board right now that are insufferable. @BainbridgeJacket is one of them. This is the definition of a self fulfilling prophecy. People that continually say they predicted doom and gloom drive me crazy. If you’re negative all the time you’re bound to be right, when things go wrong.
So you're saying I'm insufferable for posting doom and gloom and have posts like this yourself...

No positives to take from today. Pyron broken collarbone. Sims is a no show and will likely go into the portal. From hearing the parents at the game, there will be a lot of players leaving. Clean house completely and start fresh. Overall, not at all a fun day at Bobby Dodd.

Sorry you don't like me posting "I told you so" when I've been proven right. Here's where I was wrong: I still thought Chip would be a slight improvement. Sorry for being too optimistic.

You can ignore me if you find me truly insufferable.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Sims is done. We are going with Gibson the rest of the year. Available and not willing to play are two different things. One is doing all you can to fight for a win, the other is sitting out to avoid injury to look more attractive in the portal.
. Like I said, grass ain’t always greener.
This is a douchey thing to say given that there's rumors about it being a serious enough injury to require surgery.

EE95_curse EMAG!

Jolly Good Fellow
Kind of numb at this point.

Hope Pyron is ok.

Please don’t burn his shirt.

Please get an offensive mind in here to work with him & maximize his potential.

And get a better QB recruit or via portal as well. Pyron could be decent, maybe could get to slightly above average, but I see just an average good game/bad game/good game/bad game yo-yo type QB. I do prefer Pyron to Sims for his slightly better passing ability, but neither would be a threat to start at any solid program.

i’m not sure that any of our qbs are really the guy. pyron plays exactly like sims but because he isn’t sims people like him

need an offensive coach to come in and establish some identity and get some recruits on both sides of the ball. will be patiently waiting the coaching announcement because it damn sure isn’t key

Exactly. Maybe we're too early to judge Pyron, but not seeing anything that gets me excited for the future. Just a step up from the past couple of years, but several tiers down from Justin Thomas and Josh Nesbitt.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
All we had to do was gradually develop a passing offense on the back of a running offense that was one of the top in the nation & shore up a rickety defense. We'd be a scoring machine and with any improvement in the defense, it would have immediately yielded more wins. We were already a diciplined team, no changes required there. Start recruiting for the future, bring the players in for the new system & redshirt them to develop them physically, teach them the new schemes/techniques, etc while you're weaning off the old roster.

It was a fairly simple transition, 3-4 years to get ALL the pieces in place to go from a 7 win to a 8 win program then maybe up from there. With the ACC being so sorry, the wins were there for the taking. Momentum was there to be had as the program had gotten stale under Johnson and people were ready for new energy, but we decided to destroy the village in order to save it.

We did everything wrong- strategy, initial transition, culture, game prep, game management, recruiting, portal management, roster management, special teams, S&C, training, staffing, media, leveraging fanbase support. All show & no go, damn near every facet of our operation got worse, at best elements went sideways and we stood still or ignored threats to our program while the environment around us changed right before our very eyes. To make matters worse, we burned our nest egg, have increased operational costs significantly with either a flatlined or possible decrease in revenue.

The next guy has a helluva a rebuild on his hands. Literally needs to rebuild every damn thing from scratch & we're bleeding from every orifice. Not even sure Homer Rice had a bigger challenge than what Batt has on his hands.
Speaking as someone who lived through the Homer Rice transition. In most ways, the challenges are different. With the Homer era, the primary roadblocks seemed at the time to be awful facilities, and anemic financial support. The constants between the two eras are poor recruiting, and a national perception that Tech is trash. The Miami board is utterly dismissive of their win today as they were facing what they basically termed G5 talent. IIWII

EE95_curse EMAG!

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for your service CBK, good luck in your next role. Looking forward to our new coach.

We can only hope. CBK staying on would be throwing in the towel and being content with the occasional 6 and 7 win season to go with a lot of 4 and 5 win seasons. Aim higher please.

EE95_curse EMAG!

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, this ends two items that had been sources of endless speculation. I think we can effectively eliminate Coach Key as a prospective new coach and the last flickering hopes of a bowl just died. If there was ever a team in need of a thorough roster turnover and the release of all members of a coaching staff it is this one. Georgia Tech is about to embark upon what could be a lengthy period in the football wilderness defined by years of futility, losses, and perhaps, several coaching changes. It will not be pretty.

This had better be the result. A complete retool of the coaching staff is needed, to get rid of the stink of the past several years.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
In all my years I've never seen a ****storm at QB much like this if half of what you guys are saying is true. The only player that wants to win gets injured & we got 3 others fighting over the remaining 2 seats on the bench? That's what everyone's leading us to believe?

This is what I think:
a. Pyron is hurt- out for year
b. Sims is hurt, needs surgery- should never play until he's better. He's not actually available despite what we've been led to believe.
c. Phumanchu is injured as well, not capable of playing.
d. Gibson is our only non-hurt QB.

I wasn't happy with our replacement when Pyron went out, but unless b & c are untrue, Key had no other choice. It's the only thing that makes sense or we have a epic amount of internal damage inside our program none of us are yet aware of. I guess I would not be surprised either way, just seems unlikely we got players refusing to play.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
The coaching staff was going to put Sims in the game after Pyron got hurt. Sims wouldn’t go into the game when the coaches asked him too. I’ve even heard from a friend that sits in the family section that Jeff’s dad went down to the first row and called Jeff over and told him to go into the game. Jeff just shook his head no and didn’t go into the game. Multiple people tried to get him to into the game, he didn’t.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
If it is broken in 3 places,won't that require surgery to insert pins? If so, it will be more than 6-12 weeks won't it?
Not necessarily. I broke mine in 4 and didn't need surgery. I took about 10 weeks before I was lifting weights again. If it's his non throwing shoulder, I'm less concerned. If it's his throwing shoulder, he might never be the same.

EE95_curse EMAG!

Jolly Good Fellow
Any of the rumors true to Sims looking to transfer after season end? If he refused to go in then the rumors may be true.
We can only hope. We need a fresh start in many ways, including quite a few of the players on scholarship. I am hoping there is a rush to the portal to clear out some space for new recruits and portal finds for the new coach.

Not a player on this team I would be sad to lose to the portal or other means. I am still mad we had Jamyr Gibbs and proceeded to NOT give him 25+ touches EVERY game. Some games he didn't even get 10 carries. NUTS. Good for him going to Bama and getting back on track to be a first round pick in NFL draft.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
The coaching staff was going to put Sims in the game after Pyron got hurt. Sims wouldn’t go into the game when the coaches asked him too. I’ve even heard from a friend that sits in the family section that Jeff’s dad went down to the first row and called Jeff over and told him to go into the game. Jeff just shook his head no and didn’t go into the game. Multiple people tried to get him to into the game, he didn’t.
I am very sorry for Jeff and his family that it has come to this. The potential is there but an established program would probably be wise to steer clear of him unless his attitude changes. Here is hoping that he gets another opportunity at another school and does well.