TECH VS MIAMI POSTGAME

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Based off what I’ve heard and being told Pyron’s Collarbone is broken in 3 places, I think you’re looking at spring ball as a window for him returning to football activities. Lots of rehab would be required and easing him back into things, especially the weight room.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Guess we don't have to worry about Z Pyron having his red shirt season burned.

Really bites to that he has a broken collar bone.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
It took you to the first game? I tried warning everyone prior to him being hired. I made countless posts about our OL too, but was consistently told I wasn't correct. We should've seen this coming (some did):
- New Offensive Coordinator who was terrible at Tulane, has only had success under offensive genius HCs, and whose scheme relies on TE mismatches.
- Best 2 RBs left
- Best WR left
- Replacing majority of our OL (players who started at their previous schools --> players who didn't even sniff the field at their previous schools)
- Our TEs still suck

The only group on offense who wasn't supposed to be worse this year was QB and we've been hit by the injury bug there.
There are a few posters on this board right now that are insufferable. @BainbridgeJacket is one of them. This is the definition of a self fulfilling prophecy. People that continually say they predicted doom and gloom drive me crazy. If you’re negative all the time you’re bound to be right, when things go wrong.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I’ve heard Pyron has a broken collarbone in 3 places. The coaching staff tried to get Jeff Sims to get in the game and play when Pyron went out and he refused to. I’ve been told don’t be surprised if Pumachahn gets snaps the next 2 weeks
Is Sims actually still too hurt to play or is he healthy enough to play? If it’s the latter and he refused anyways then I’m not sure why he would still be on the team going forward. This whole emergency QB thing is pretty confusing.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Damn shame about Pyron and so soon. Welp guess that's two games.that we are going to get embarrassed now . Do we really need to play UGa this year ?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Is Sims actually still too hurt to play or is he healthy enough to play? If it’s the latter and he refused anyways then I’m not sure why he would still be on the team going forward. This whole emergency QB thing is pretty confusing.

I'll leave it to you to judge for yourself. It wasn't exactly said, but ...

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
The doomerism in here is weird. I feel better about the football program right now than I have in a while (and I gave Collins a longer leash than most of you). Let's get the new staff in and see what they can do with the raw talent CGC brought in (though failed to develop). Very few teams win all their games w/ 2nd/3rd string QBs.

I did like TStan though, still no opinion on Batt.

Last edited:

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Sims is done. We are going with Gibson the rest of the year. Available and not willing to play are two different things. One is doing all you can to fight for a win, the other is sitting out to avoid injury to look more attractive in the portal.
. Like I said, grass ain’t always greener.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Wow. If he refuses to go in he shouldn’t be in the jersey or on the team.
So, Tech is losing by a single score going into the 4th quarter when the #2 QB gets hurt. The #1 guy is cleared to play and won't go in when you are coaching for your job and your teammates are fighting to get to a bowl game. IF all this is true, Key showed remarkeable professionalism to keep his thoughts to himself during that presser. I hope, for Sims sake, that things are NOT as they appear.

slugboy

Staff member
If it is broken in 3 places,won't that require surgery to insert pins? If so, it will be more than 6-12 weeks won't it?
I’m not a doctor, but I’ll guess it’s more towards “12” than “6”.

Either way, he’s not playing in our next two games

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Sims is done. We are going with Gibson the rest of the year. Available and not willing to play are two different things. One is doing all you can to fight for a win, the other is sitting out to avoid injury to look more attractive in the portal.
. Like I said, grass ain’t always greener.

I would argue that his decision (again, if true) made him less attractive in the portal. Who wants a guy like that as a team leader???