Tech vs. Louisville

Ryan

Georgia Tech Fan
After we curb stomp those bitches people are going to look back on this thread and laugh. They’ll be crying “No Mas” by the end of the 3rd quarter but our 2nd and 3rd strings are going to continue the beating for another 14:30, the last 30 secs reserved for the Victory Formation. The only Louisville fans we’ll see after the game will be parents and girlfriends hanging around to console their boys and hoping they’re well enough to suit up again sometime this season. I’d feel bad for Louisville but I really don’t like them very much. They need to go back to the AAC.
2018 all over again?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
We’re a kinder, gentler society now. It’s possible Brohm’s reaction was for spectators or media present and it may have been different in a closed setting. Who knows...
I don’t put any real stake in it one way or another, but I certainly enjoy the pointing and laughing aspect as a fan. If our guys are fighting, I see toughness, eagerness and all of the good football nastiness that’s required for success. When it’s their guys, it chaos, frustration and signs that the transition is on the ropes.
I especially liked your take that “we’re a kinder, gentler society now.”

🤣

Roswellgoldmember

Georgia Tech Fan
A little tougher this year with Clemson, Notre Dame, FSU , UNC, NCSU and Louisville on their schedule. Plus WF, UVA, and Pitt. I don't see them winning 9 games this year. They play Lafayette and Northwestern OOC. They do have a good QB returning but need to keep him healthy to be anywhere near as good as last year. Elko has shown to be a good coach-- can he maintain sustained winning there?
On top of their typical garbage OOC schedule they had an easy ACC schedule, rarely playing Clemson or FSU. They will be a loser in getting rid of the divisions.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yes, I think he and his staff were good at finding raw physical talent, players who had measurables but not a lot of high school accolades. Then they taught them to be physically tough. Frequently their yards per catch were among the best in the nation and that, correlating with their speed, attracted pro eyeballs.

I miss player development. Seems everyone wants a plug and play player out of high school now. Key looks like (I hope) he has assembled a staff that can teach.
Best example: Darren Waller. Fat's great grandson might have been the most athletically talented Tech WR ever, even including Calvin. He was bigger and faster then anybody else on the field. And, when he got his head out of the clouds he was unstoppable. And most schools were recruiting his as a … strong safety.

Last edited:

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Best example: Darren Waller. Fat's great grandson might have been the most athletically talented Tech WR ever, even including Calvin. He was bigger and faster then anybody else on the field. And, when he got his head out of the clouds he was unstoppable. And most schools were recruiting his as a … strong safety.
I mean Waller is athletic but Calvin is literally out of this world. 5 inch higher vert and faster 40 measuring heavier than Waller. Calvin is on the shortlist for most athletic WR ever not just Tech. I hope Waller has a good bounce back year tho. He was looking like a top 2 TE in 2020

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
PJ watched for the safety and/or corners to start cheating up for run support and then he burned them. His WR would block most of the time and then instead run past them when they came up. This worked in tight games or if ahead for big plays but did not work when behind late in games when we had to throw.
Agree
Because out QB was mainly a runner, point guard before a passer , our WR was very often going up to battle for a contested (under or misthrown ) ball.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Checked our lads depth chart for L and Gt.
They are portal friendly with 13 tr on starting offense and Defense .We have 8. The transfers on backups are about even at 10 ish.

On offense they are 1 to 2 years older than Gt . On defense just slightly older.

We should be able to stay with them and win if we scheme, execute, and dont turn ball over.

I am hopeful that after the game, our oc and qb coach will be the talk of town.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
It's national television on Friday night with the most watched episode of College GameDay the following morning. An entire nation of starved football fans will be tuned in despite the bad timeslot. A statement win could echo a new era for GT football. This is a very important game, more than the usual conference matchup. Losing puts us behind the eight ball big time for our Charlotte aspirations too.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Checked our lads depth chart for L and Gt.
They are portal friendly with 13 tr on starting offense and Defense .We have 8. The transfers on backups are about even at 10 ish.

On offense they are 1 to 2 years older than Gt . On defense just slightly older.

We should be able to stay with them and win if we scheme, execute, and dont turn ball over.

The our lads depth chart looks pretty accurate against what I was expecting. My question is, who updates it and where do they get their info? Do folks who attend practice everyday like KQ update it/provide the info?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I think you are right.

My wish is that we win this game, whether by luck or chance or fluke, but by any way possible, just so we can keep our record relatively clean while we build the team. I think Key is the kind of coach who will have us playing better by the end of the season than we were at the beginning but I don’t want any losses that might undermine or slow the process.