Tech vs. Louisville

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If anyone has sold West stands tickets out of the sun at BDS for this game... I'd love to hear the backstory.
I have nice west stand seats behind bench and it's sunny and hot till second half.

There are seats - way up that are in shade but seems like they get no breeze.
During covid we went to Upper deck west on the north end. Nice spot in shade of luxury boxes and some breeze. Great view of WR v s DB . .

The site lines on west stands are great.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I have nice west stand seats behind bench and it's sunny and hot till second half.

There are seats - way up that are in shade but seems like they get no breeze.
During covid we went to Upper deck west on the north end. Nice spot in shade of luxury boxes and some breeze. Great view of WR v s DB . .

The site lines on west stands are great.
I think half of us are forgetting where the Louisville game is being played this year.

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
I was under the impression this was a CFA neutral site game. If it’s a home game, I hope it looks like a home game. I’ll buy behind the Tech bench. Thanks.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I came here to say I feel like it’s been a while since we’ve had a statement FBS win to open the season, but then I remembered FSU in 2020 and BC in 2016. I dunno if you consider those statement wins. They kinda felt like it in the moment to me at least. I think Louisville would be bigger than both. We had a chance to with UT in 2017. Before that I think you gotta go all the way back to 2007 at ND. I just feel like we’ve had the unlucky pleasure of opening with the juggernaut Northern Illinois and Clemson types as of late. We’re due.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Saw we are 8 point underdogs in the article.

Oh well, no one knows what will happen this early in the season with new teams and coaching staffs
The pundits are basing estimates on overall record that inclded several games when we had a coach that couldnt punt block.
After the change we know team was way better, so were more optimistic.
Our hope that the new more experienced coaches, older / stronger players/ and the better team chemistry is well founded.

But realistically every other team is also hopeful for their own varied reasons.

My big hope One thing we have now is quality 2 deep at dl. Over the next few weeks the 2 deep on the ol will be going against much better competition.
The old should be way better.
I am very hopful we see our ol and our dl look dominant on most of the teams we play.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow

alagold

Helluva Engineer
The pundits are basing estimates on overall record that inclded several games when we had a coach that couldnt punt block.
After the change we know team was way better, so were more optimistic.
Our hope that the new more experienced coaches, older / stronger players/ and the better team chemistry is well founded.

But realistically every other team is also hopeful for their own varied reasons.

My big hope One thing we have now is quality 2 deep at dl. Over the next few weeks the 2 deep on the ol will be going against much better competition.
The old should be way better.
I am very hopful we see our ol and our dl look dominant on most of the teams we play.
Ice,
I would be ESTATIC if we had a ONE deep that was competent (average) at every position to start-. much less a 2 deep .Also, It might happen but it probably will take some games to coalesce.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Ice,
I would be ESTATIC if we had a ONE deep that was competent (average) at every position to start-. much less a 2 deep .Also, It might happen but it probably will take some games to coalesce.
Me too.
I was trying to say that the mix of ol guys are now going against a dl thats a lot deeper and that should help them rapidly improve.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Just thought I’d throw in here that I went to a Louisville forum and not only do a majority of them think Tech will be an easy win, some are suggesting the cards as a CFP dark horse.
Sept 1st can’t come fast enough.
That’s all the bulletin board material I need. Count on me to be in in peak form
21E7D7B2-1122-4790-8206-703164B8D82C.gif