Tech vs. Louisville

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Well, this isn't very encouraging.

Thoughts?

Hard to refute any of his points. Brohm is an improvement and he is bringing a veteran QB he has been coaching a while. They’ll be tough.
That said, The guys he is throwing to are all new to both of them. I like getting them week one. It’s a great time to take advantage of missed reads and bad timing. Hope Thack has the guys fired up
Lville has a cakewalk schedule. They are going to win a lot of games this year. This win over them in week one is going to look really good at the end of the day.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Hard to refute any of his points. Brohm is an improvement and he is bringing a veteran QB he has been coaching a while. They’ll be tough.
That said, The guys he is throwing to are all new to both of them. I like getting them week one. It’s a great time to take advantage of missed reads and bad timing. Hope Thack has the guys fired up
Lville has a cakewalk schedule. They are going to win a lot of games this year. This win over them in week one is going to look really good at the end of the day.

Brohm is an improvement based on what?

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Brohm is an improvement based on what?
My gut that he is a better fit for that program. Brohm wants to be there and Lville is enamored with his return. I suspect that alone will yield improvement.
No knock on Satterfield, but it didn’t seem to click in Lville. He’s a good coach but I believe the sentiment was “underwhelming hire” and he never transcended that... maybe he’ll do it in Cincy.

SilverFox81

Georgia Tech Fan
My gut that he is a better fit for that program. Brohm wants to be there and Lville is enamored with his return. I suspect that alone will yield improvement.
No knock on Satterfield, but it didn’t seem to click in Lville. He’s a good coach but I believe the sentiment was “underwhelming hire” and he never transcended that... maybe he’ll do it in Cincy.
You know, Collins wanted to be at Tech and look how that ended up? Then again, Brohm is probably a better coach so there's that.

GetYourBuzzOn

Georgia Tech Fan
Parker Fleming ( @statsowar on Twitter / X / whatever the hell you want to call it) is super sharp. The other two guys, not so much.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
Episode 7 Tns GIF by THE NEXT STEP

GT33

Helluva Engineer
It’s hard to take the opinions of an adult wearing a backwards hat seriously. He thinks that there is something hilarious about our OC? Like there has to be something wrong with him to come to GT? Gimme a break.
Our program got turned into a complete joke the last 3 years, worse than any other P5 school anywhere. It’s gonna take a while to flick those buggers off us unfortunately unless Key pulls off a miracle coaching job.

Fixing our problems starts 9/1 at the Benz. We come out well coached in front of a sizable tv audience and that will help a lot.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
I’d refute him acting like BF was a weak hire. Pretty weird to say “they could have aimed higher” than the UGA proclaimed “quarterback whisperer” who grew a Heisman finalist to 2 nattys
I feel like a lot of sports journalists get their clicks by being contrarians, but man that along with a pencil in the hat would keep me up at night

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
I’d refute him acting like BF was a weak hire. Pretty weird to say “they could have aimed higher” than the UGA proclaimed “quarterback whisperer” who grew a Heisman finalist to 2 nattys
I feel like a lot of sports journalists get their clicks by being contrarians, but man that along with a pencil in the hat would keep me up at night
Yeah he didn't seem too informed there. It doesn't take that much time to skim Faulkner's resume and see he's spent years at multiple stops as an OC, he's not just some wet behind the ears analyst from uga who's never called plays before.

I've seen several media talking heads largely write us off, and given what we've been the last few years I don't blame them entirely. Most seem to see Sims' departure and King coming in as a sign that King will clearly be QB1 day 1 without considering Pyron at all. Given how limited his play time was I can kinda see why but the die-hard GT fans that we are know we got something special with that guy that 3rd parties are overlooking.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Well.... you’re absolutely right.
I hit play on the link and it had an embedded start where I only heard the last 1:30 or so. I assumed the early part of the video was talking other match ups and didn’t rewind until your post.
His “hysterical” schtick was a bit much and I agree with your take on BF.