Tech v duh U postgame!

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I'd be interested to see what Miami fans are saying lol

Well, it is interesting in a way. They swing back and forth from utter complacency to wanting the Rev's head on a pike. They are really not that much different from Sting Talk just a little more creative in their profanity. As far as players go, they all seem to think Perry played well enough to win at quarterback but was hurt by a half a dozen drops by what they consider to be greatly overrated wide receives. The offensive line was criticized mercilessly as was special teams. Manny is, as always, t he fair haired boy so the defense was spared for the most part. They did hold us well below our season average in rushing.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Yes. For the same reasons I have all year. I don't see TQM leading us to anything this year. We aren't winning the coastal much less the ACC. I don't see us beating UGA with him. We're already at a bowl game. So what are we really playing for? Just to win. I still think TO gives us as good a chance to win as TQM. TQM played well but he was given the ball 3 times inside the 40. I think if TO gets the same opportunities we'd have won this game as well. That isn't to say TQM played poorly but I don't think he's a difference maker. Add all that up and I feel that TO should play.

Look i usually don't call out people in win threads. But if you had half the knowledge about football you think you do you'd realize why we stuck with marshall in this game and why he still gives us a good chance to win when reading the defense is the goal. Do you know why the qb counter worked tonight but the zone option didn't? Its ebcause of miami's speed. Miami keyed on TO when we ran the zone option like any athletic D keys on a good HB running stretch action. When marshall was in there they were keying the a backs. This lead to the counter working. Its also the reason the counter to contrell worked the entire time marshall was in but failed the one time TO ran it. On that play they were reading the QB and the zone since we favor zone so the backside stayed home.

The Threat of triple option with marshall opened up the rest of the run game. Miami is a good defense. 8-9 of those players will play on sunday. This was going to be a hell of a fight. Getting three was not a loss. We play for 1-0 each week. I don't think oliver is going to win the job next year either. I think that's going to end up being Graham or maybe johnson. Now we might see oliver next week a lot. Depends on how UVA plays it.

Animal02

Banned
3 four game losing streaks. How does a team who has more talent than any team in the ACC Coastal, with such a soft schedule go on 3 separate four game losing streak in Richt’s first 3 yrs here?

This team is one of the most undisciplined teams I’ve ever seen. We’re undisciplined on offense, on defense, and definitely on special teams.

When I saw Homer going crazy on the bench spraying Gatorade all over place and we’re down pissed me tf off. Taking our sweet time, once again, down two scores baffles my mind.

Between the turnovers, dropped passes, short field position for GT, the lack of enthusiasm from the coaching staff, and the inability to score in the 2nd half, no wonder we’re on our 3rd four game losing streak in Richt’s 3rd season here.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Lucky enough to meet Calvin tonight before the game [emoji16]
af2dfb12943c434c6eee0b256ab89aa0.jpg

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
It was a good win. These ACC Coastal teams are all pretty much the same. We could have won the damn thing with just a bit more effort early on and a few fewer mistakes. But it is good to see the team hang in there and continue to fight for what there is left to fight for. Always good to beat those retribates from Miami. Seems like this team always makes it painful and a bit tortuous on us fans but I'm pretty sure they don't do that on purpose. They make me nervous as hell. I much prefer the Louisville and VT type of games. Maybe we can hang a couple of more pelts on the wall before closing the book on this season.

Go Jackets!