Tech grad Todd Stansbury to be named new AD

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
It's not often a fan base gets jazzed up about an AD hire, but it's happing this time. Good day for GT - now let's make it better by sending Clemson home a loser.
I think everyone understands it's gonna take someone at the top, who understands Tech to elevate our program to a national prominence. This hire is the beginning of that process.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Pleased with this hire! :)
As the hurricane emergency electric company worker once said to me as he was almost run over by a driver now impatient to get back in his house, "They all love you until the lights come back on." Let's get a look at him with the lights on.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
As the hurricane emergency electric company worker once said to me as he was almost run over by a driver now impatient to get back in his house, "They all love you until the lights come back on." Let's get a look at him with the lights on.
Fwiw it looks like UCF fans weren't really sad to see him go last year. But they are in a much different place as a program than we are.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Looking at Stansbury's GT experience as a player the Jackets had a record of 17 - 36 - 2 during the 1980 - 1984 seasons he was on the team.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
God Bless young man.

LOT on your plate
- Budget
- "uni" contract
- Facilities upgrade
- Better football scheduling
- Fund raising

- Winning
All you mentioned are right at the top of my "want" list. Just interested in what facilities youthink need upgrading? Betterfootball schedule? absolutely, we just paid Mercer $400,000 to be a punching bag when all I hear is how bad our AD financies are. Drop all cupcakes, schedule home& home p-5 teams only. We might suffer some losses, but Tech fans will come out to see top competition

18in32

Georgia Tech Fan
... unless it was in the contract.
Uh, no. Contract provisions that force employees to pay their former employers if they take a job elsewhere are generally considered illegal restraints akin to "indentured servitude" and unenforceable regardless what the contract says. The relevant factors are generally the ones identified in my previous post. The law in this field is very much industry-by-industry and position-by-position specific, and I've never seen an analysis of where AD's fall on the spectrum.