Tech grad Todd Stansbury to be named new AD

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I know that this may be obvious but it didn't sink-in with me right away. Paying lower tier teams to come-in a play us not only helps our team in honing the 2-deep and giving opportunity for down-bench guys to get playing time, but it also helps with the bottom line by giving us certain number of home games. Were we to schedule more power5 opponents, then we'd likely have to schedule a home and an away, meaning one less home game in the alternate years.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/coaches-approve-of-stansbury-who-understands-what-/nsgKL/

“We’ve kind of known each other in passing,” Johnson said. “Excited about him coming. I’m sure that he shares Dr. (G.P. “Bud”) Peterson’s vision for what he wants. He’s been here at Georgia Tech, so he knows the place and I’m sure he’ll be excited to be here.”

Johnson called it a positive that Stansbury is not only a Tech graduate but also played football for the Yellow Jackets.

“At least he understands what it’s about,” Johnson said. “I look forward to having a chance to set down and spend some more time with him and visit with him when he gets here.”

Stansbury is expected to begin in late November or early December.

Tech defensive coordinator Ted Roof was a teammate of Stansbury’s.

“He’s going to be great for our alums, but he’s going to be great for our student-athletes, too, while they’re here and after they leave, because he’s going to care about them,” Roof said.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
@VolJacket That's Georgia Southern, not Georgia State.

@TheSilasSonRising GSU is a Group5 team now. I think our goal is 2 P5 teams (one being uga), 1 G5 team, and 1 FCS team for our OOC opponents. I'd say that GSU is probably a decent G5 opponent. I'd prefer to play the top FCS teams, and App St. would be one of them, maybe North Dakota State, as well.
No FBS team should ever schedule North Dakota State, unless they want to lose

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo.../north-dakota-state-fcs-fbs-STOP-PLAYING-THEM

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
As the hurricane emergency electric company worker once said to me as he was almost run over by a driver now impatient to get back in his house, "They all love you until the lights come back on." Let's get a look at him with the lights on.

Well played mate!