Tech grad Todd Stansbury to be named new AD

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
This is encouraging.

"During his three-and-a-half years at Central Florida, Stansbury transformed a department that increased its donor base by 47 percent; won 12 CUSA and American Athletic Conference championships in eight different sports; and has had the highest graduation success rate of any public Division I higher education institution in the United States."

http://www.osubeavers.com/sports/2015/6/18/210158097.aspx

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
I love this hire, but the most encouraging thing to me is we went and got a guy who's an AD somewhere. We didn't try to go cheap.

txsting

Jolly Good Fellow
I like this hire, great job! It also happened pretty quickly, which i hope might be an indication that he was at the top of our list?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
I know there were a lot of people who wanted him after D-Rad left, but I'm glad he got some extra seasoning. Ideally he would have more P5 time, but at least he was in the big chair and not an assistant.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
This is big. I think the committee didn't want to hire another guy who would treat us as a stepping stone job. Getting a graduate of the Institute makes it likely he'll stay long term.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Things "to know" - link

Curious as to what - if any - buy out there was. "...the A.D. position at Oregon State, where he signed a five-year contract...."

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Dang that's was a quick hire. I was sure we weren't going to hear anything until after the season. My guess is he was on top of the list for GTAA.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Paul Griffin staying on for a bit then working in Tandem with Todd as he comes on. I missed the date that Todd is starting though.