Tech grad Todd Stansbury to be named new AD

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
"I've done a lot of these recently (intro AD press conferences)...This is more than just another AD Job."

"This isn't the way they do it everywhere. There is a Tech way and it's the right way. For the past 20 years I've been away from Tech I've tried to bring the Tech way with me."

"My whole career everything that I've done, every program I've lead, the DNA can be found here on The Flats."

"I've done everything I could to be the evangelist of the Georgia Tech way."

"Athletics cast a wide net where we don't care what your zip code is."

"Its more than what they do on the field or in the classroom... Graduation is the beginning of the journey, not the end. Of course our kids are going to graduate but it's what they do 5-10 years after graduation. If you look at what Tech grads are doing that is our differentiator."

"This is home. This is where I found who I was and provided me a launchpad for a pretty good adventure. To be back here to finish my career where it started is an incredible gift."

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
14379812_10153741948331039_1546964131740089247_o.jpg

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
"It all came about in the last 72 hours"

BUD: "We interviewed a number of candidates and I asked Todd if he wanted the job. When he said yes we figured it out from there. I didn't have to twist his arm."

Todd: "When it became public that GT would be looking for a new AD at about 3:30 in the morning my phone started blowing up that the GT job was open. Knowing that this has always been the goal to eventually come back to the flats I was hoping this could be a possibility but I was in a great spot and have a great staff doing innovative things. It was one of those that I thought this opportunity may present itself and was hoping it might but I didn't know for sure."

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
"My advantage here is going to be understanding the DNA and culture of the institute but my GT degree on the wall doesn't mean I know everything thats going on so I'm going to have to do my new AD due diligence but hope to get up and running fairly quickly."

Press conference is now over.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Are any local media outlets carrying the news conference? 680theDawgs are talking about the Mutts as usual. To think this is OUR flagship station. IMO, his first order of business should be to look for another station.

We need a wealthy GT alum to buy controlling interest in one of our local talk radio stations and turn the tables on this unfortunate situation

slugboy

Staff member
He was in the first class of Homer Rice's "Total Person Program" and has talked about it almost nonstop and how he's tried to recreate it at UCF and OSU
That's fantastic--I'd love to see that back.

If he is not the best hire for Tech I would love to see who is better than Todd.
Michael Bloomberg, running his connections and leading by donation. Other than that, not many people.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer