Syracuse - 2/19

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
You know I thought the refs were great letting teams play until about the 5 minute mark and then it seemed like they just gave Syracuse 6 points in a row. Maybe it wasn't as bad as it seemed but I certainly felt like that ******* fan when I was surrounded by Syracuse fans.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
Last July I was in Vegas and for some reason they had Tech listed on the board of odds for winning the tournament. It was 250-1 and I thought to myself why in the hell would they be listed. They'd be lucky to win 2 games in the ACC let alone make the tourney. I've been enthusiastic as the season has gone on and it's nice that I was wrong in my opinion then. Who knew that things could turn around so quickly?
By the way to the others who are also eating crow it goes well with Irish Whiskey.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Quick summary on next page. ... Okay... Posted above [emoji4]... Just posted from phone. Apologize for any typing errors... [emoji41]

Good stuff (you should be a sports writer!!)...THANKS!!

Happy the team gutted out a nice win at home. Fear that holding serve at home won't get us into the Big Dance, but so proud that ....with our preseason expectations, we are now 7-7 in the ACC. When was the last time we have been 0.500 or better this late in the season in the league? I am thinking season tickets again, for the first time in a number of years....

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
We won + Coach Boeheim will complain.

We played great like we're getting healthy again.

/
Watched the game at home. I noticed that after the game, it looked like Bonheim didn't even look at CJP or acknowledge him during their handshake. Class act.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I live in the Dominican and I can watch games on ESPN's website... I use a VPN called Hola VPN. It's free and has always worked for me. You just have to have a cable provider login.

Thanks for the tip. Apparently there is no Hola browser yet for Apple laptops (like mine) and I don't see how to get to Watch ESPN without the Hola browser. But it is still nice to be able to see other sites while traveling overseas...so thanks!:)

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Tadric was the key to unlocking that zone. His quick steps got around slow feet in the middle. Also how much does Lammers need to do before he's not just an afterthought by the announcers talking about all-ACC players? They showed a graphic of 5 candidates for most improved player and gave a case why the other 4 could potentially be all ACC. Except Lammers had better stats... Father in law who didn't have a horse in the race made a comment before I did
Totally agree about Tadric. Not only was he the perfect guy to roam the baseline in our offense, but he also was one of the keys to us starting to get out and push the ball. We struggled early with getting any defensive rebounds, but when we started rebounding and getting in transition, it really turned the game around given that they didn't have time to set their zone defense.

LibertyTurns

Banned
First congrats to the guys rounding off a perfect 5-0 on the day for GT as baseball, women's BB and softball, and men's tennis also won.

Had a question- what happened to Okogie in the 2nd half? I think I barely saw him make any plays. Was it just my imagination or did they purposefully shut him down to make Lammers, Q, etc beat them?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
3 things I noticed:

1. Syracuse's players are so much better than ours. You can just watch them during warmups and their draining everything hitting nothing but yet while our entire team is throwing up brick after brick after brick.

2. What CJP does with this team at halftime is nothing short of amazing. It doesn't matter whether we're at home or on the road. We are 100% a different team coming out of half.

3. This was the best atmosphere I've seen at a GT game in a long time. The fans (outside of the refs) made the biggest difference in the game. #4 never once lived down that airball and was timid the rest of the game and he had a lot of open looks.

scotts

Jolly Good Fellow
It is truly amazing that we are 7-7 in the ACC. Kudos to the players and the coaching staff. For us to be having meaningful games in late February and to have us in the discussion for the NCAA tournament is remarkable. Bball is back at Tech!

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Really hoping that Q isn't the one in bounding the ball if we're in a situation like that again. Seriously, he had no idea what he was doing. Wouldn't run the baseline for whatever reason and he wouldn't use one of the THREE (!) timeouts we had left.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Last July I was in Vegas and for some reason they had Tech listed on the board of odds for winning the tournament. It was 250-1 and I thought to myself why in the hell would they be listed. They'd be lucky to win 2 games in the ACC let alone make the tourney. I've been enthusiastic as the season has gone on and it's nice that I was wrong in my opinion then. Who knew that things could turn around so quickly?
By the way to the others who are also eating crow it goes well with Irish Whiskey.
Did you at least put a $10 on it??

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Really hoping that Q isn't the one in bounding the ball if we're in a situation like that again. Seriously, he had no idea what he was doing. Wouldn't run the baseline for whatever reason and he wouldn't use one of the THREE (!) timeouts we had left.

BG Ball....

Sometimes he and Josh have flashbacks.

8 assists though.