Syracuse - 2/19

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
These guys could have folded when they were down 9 and we were struggling.

They're winners. They have heart and....we'll ya know...

Lammers somehow plays his best ball when you think he is completely out of gas. Jax is sooooo good at home it's crazy. Good to see he didn't injure himself while Posterizing that Cuse defender on the dunk. If we ever get Josh Jax Ben and Q hitting on the same night we could be really good.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
First congrats to the guys rounding off a perfect 5-0 on the day for GT as baseball, women's BB and softball, and men's tennis also won.

Had a question- what happened to Okogie in the 2nd half? I think I barely saw him make any plays. Was it just my imagination or did they purposefully shut him down to make Lammers, Q, etc beat them?
Okogie made some big plays in the 2nd half primarily just getting to the FT line. I'm not sure Q scored a point the 2nd half but he was important in getting the ball to the high post.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
3 things I noticed:

1. Syracuse's players are so much better than ours. You can just watch them during warmups and their draining everything hitting nothing but yet while our entire team is throwing up brick after brick after brick.

2. What CJP does with this team at halftime is nothing short of amazing. It doesn't matter whether we're at home or on the road. We are 100% a different team coming out of half.

3. This was the best atmosphere I've seen at a GT game in a long time. The fans (outside of the refs) made the biggest difference in the game. #4 never once lived down that airball and was timid the rest of the game and he had a lot of open looks.
#2 is the complete opposite of this team the 5 years prior when we'd go into the half looking alright and see that there weren't any adjustments made during halftime.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks for the tip. Apparently there is no Hola browser yet for Apple laptops (like mine) and I don't see how to get to Watch ESPN without the Hola browser. But it is still nice to be able to see other sites while traveling overseas...so thanks!:)

It might not work with Internet Explorer, but it should work as an extension to Chrome, Firefox or Opera on Windows; or you can download a package for windows. (worked with a guy from hola, message me if you have questions)

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Played like crap early
Then lights out
Then played not to lose
Finally got a bad call in our favor
Made FTs

Whooped that ***....
Agreed except for "played not to lose." At that point I really think Syracuse was phenomenal on defense with a fantastic full court press.

And someone else got on Q for the inbouding but he was moving the baseline and on several the guys were not moving well for him. He should have called a timeout on the one that became a bad turnover though, I agree there. I wanted coach to change it up but they stuck with the one layout on those inbound plays.

Btw can players call timeouts? I thought there was a rule change on those but maybe that was in football.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer

Williams, K, Pitino, Boeheim this year. 2 and 2 there. Who is the fifth? Is he saying coached against five this season and beat 3?

I can't come up with a fifth for this year. The other 2 active are Calipari and Izzo I believe. I think it is most impressive just saying the 2-2 this season with this roster in a rebuild.

Last edited: