Syracuse - 2/19

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Watched the game at home. I noticed that after the game, it looked like Bonheim didn't even look at CJP or acknowledge him during their handshake. Class act.
Rick Pitino was a former assistant under Boeheim. In his words "I've known Jim for 40 years and all I get is a dead fish handshake after the game". Win or lose, tonight apparently was no different.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't expect anything less from a dude that housed a child molester on his staff for years.
Pretty sure that was an elaborate hoax imagined by a mentally ill person. Could be wrong though
Yea, a couple accusers ended up admitting they were lying. Fine was not charged after investigation. ESPN didn't publicize the outcome as much as the allegations.

Chris Freeman

Jolly Good Fellow
Another random thought to get out of the way... if Josh Heath has an evil twin, it might be Orange PG John Gillon.

Heath is steady. You know what you're going to get when he walks on the floor, save for flu/injury return/extenuating circumstances.

Gillon is a complete enigma. No chance of knowing what he'll do Sunday dribbling, passing, shooting, or on D. I'm thinking our (GT) mixing zone defenses will decrease the likelihood of him getting comfortable.

Man did you hit the nail on the head

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

I think if he's your coach you like him. Otherwise he's a jerk. I think he's funny. Because I'm kind of a jerk

If that was Ken then it doesn't surprise me. He seems to kind of passively mumble comments to lead responses rather than assertively asking questions in press conferences...it seems to frustrate our coaches (CPJ in particular), but I think they're used to fielding it every week.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I think if he's your coach you like him. Otherwise he's a jerk. I think he's funny. Because I'm kind of a jerk

I love Boeheim pressers. In most post game, the reporters ask blah "questions" (Side note for sports reporters, "Your team seemed to have trouble scoring tonight." is not a question. It is a statement. Most sports reporters struggle with that concept.) and the coaches give the same non-answers. All in all, they are boring sessions that produce little to nothing of value. Boeheim consistently produces wonderful sarcasm and wit. Win or lose, he has no patience for the usual press conference dance and he makes it well known.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First congrats to the guys rounding off a perfect 5-0 on the day for GT as baseball, women's BB and softball, and men's tennis also won.

Had a question- what happened to Okogie in the 2nd half? I think I barely saw him make any plays. Was it just my imagination or did they purposefully shut him down to make Lammers, Q, etc beat them?

In short, his game does not match up well against the zone. It is primarily getting past his man off of the dribble...Zone collapses on the drive though.

He was on the glass and he got out in transition when we broke the press a couple of times...He hit some timely free throws as well. I thought he did a good job of staying aggressive but not doing too much.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I think, if he's your coach and he's been there umpteen years, you put up with it but you don't "like" it.

I'm sure his typical, "blame the players for failing ....... oh and we need to coach better, but the players, blah, blah, blah" stuff gets old.

And stop saying you're a jerk. Just do like my MIL and say you're "a little OCD" so you like things to be a certain way. WTF is "a little OCD"? SMDH

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
just a few comments on a great game with a fantastic ending.

-to beat syracuse during their most recent run is no small feat. boeheim is a hall of fame coach getting his team ready for the big dance. i am impressed.

-i cant say enough about Q. Q under cbg was not a player that i was particularly fond of. always seemed to be in a daze and not playing hard. under cjp he has transformed himself into a good player when he plays his game and he has shown himself to have leadership qualities. kudos to the young man for turning it around. I AM OFFICIALLY ON HIS BANDWAGON NOW.

- it took syracuse 13 minutes from the start of the 2nd half before they scored their 10th point. when we play with intensity and are healthy... we can play with most teams.

- we handled their press better and better as time wore on. that will serve us well on down the road.

- a win tuesday should assure of of a spot in the big dance in my opinion. in the right bracket we could become a cinderalla team.

-what a player lammers is. i dont have enough superlatives in my vocabulary to describe how i feel about him as a young man AND as a player. NBA NBA NBA NBA NBA....

-when's the last time we finished at 500 in the conference? when's the last time we had a winning record in the conference? buehler buehler......

-this is happening with a depleted roster.... a first year coach.... and at a point in time when the acc is considered to be THE top confrence. ;)

-after reading a post from ramblin red re cjp
elsewhere i am getting the impression that cjp could be our cpj for basketball as in recruiting players who fit his system. fit his style of play. plan on staying 3-4 years and are high character guys.

i was reading some comments on the game from the ajc and one caught my eye. evidently one of our fans????? thinks that cpj is a snake oil salesman. am i missing something here? i dont get that feeling at all.

go jackets beat nc state

-

Last edited:

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
We ended up at 15/22 from the FT Line. Syracuse 7/12.

BL with 7, yes SEVEN, blocks.

is it just me or does it seem like lammers doesnt get credit for all the rebounds and blocks he has during a game? i do believe that one of the announcers made that point during the miami game ????

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I think, if he's your coach and he's been there umpteen years, you put up with it but you don't "like" it.

I'm sure his typical, "blame the players for failing ....... oh and we need to coach better, but the players, blah, blah, blah" stuff gets old.

And stop saying you're a jerk. Just do like my MIL and say you're "a little OCD" so you like things to be a certain way. WTF is "a little OCD"? SMDH
You're both basically right. I think, like CPJ, it's much more fun/funnier when the team is winning.

Ken handled it well afterward. Lot of jokes flying his direction.