Syracuse - 2/19

Not tonight. Didn't have any non-troll/non-revoke press credentials questions in the holster.
Would it be proper to ask a coach (any coach) what he thought of the other team, if he hadn't already addressed that? Boeheim, as far as I have been able to tell, never said one word about the Tech players. I just find that unbelievable.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Would it be proper to ask a coach (any coach) what he thought of the other team, if he hadn't already addressed that? Boeheim, as far as I have been able to tell, never said one word about the Tech players. I just find that unbelievable.

I grew up a uconn bball fan (dad played golf there) i can tell you you will never meet a bigger crybaby sour puss unethical pos in that profession than boeheim. How that program stays off probation is a miracle.

And that says alot calhoun was no saint

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
-when's the last time we finished at 500 in the conference? when's the last time we had a winning record in the conference? buehler buehler......

for starters, we've only been .500 or better overall (not ACC) in 10 of past 20 years (including this one). That puts this year as one of the best in the last two decades.

In ACC, we've had exactly ONE winning record in the last nineteen years (9-7 in 03/04). That's it. One. Over the same time period, we've had 3 seasons with .500 records (8-8). That means 15 of 19 seasons, we've had a losing record in the conference.

(If you extend the analysis all the way back to joining the ACC in 1979-80.... in 37 years in the league, we have TWO seasons with double digit conference wins (85/86 and 95/96). We have 7 winning seasons, 7 .500 seasons and 23 losing seasons.

Based on that data, if we finish with a winning record overall (virtually guaranteed) and 10-8 in the conference, it will be one of the best seasons at Tech record-wise in many people's lifetimes.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I grew up a uconn bball fan (dad played golf there) i can tell you you will never meet a bigger crybaby sour puss unethical pos in that profession than boeheim. How that program stays off probation is a miracle.

Understatement of the century. A guy in Storrs freaking Connecticut builds a basketball powerhouse out of nowhere ... on the clean? Nah. Dude was dirty as the day is long.

Agree with all your other statements, for the most part. Just felt you undersold Calhoun's filthiness.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
you will never meet a bigger crybaby sour puss unethical pos in that profession than boeheim. How that program stays off probation is a miracle.

It's strange.... Boeheim is well regarded among his peers. Other coaches say great things about him and they came out of the woodwork to congratulate him when Cuse won the national title. I agree he is snarky and sarcastic and I get why people don't like him. That said, his peers seem to genuinely like and respect him.

Calhoun is generally avoided / shunned by other coaches. He rarely works other coaches' camps or clinics and no one seems to have many nice things to say about him. Even when it was diagnosed with cancer, the messages from other coaches seemed perfunctory rather than heartfelt. Maybe it's a UConn thing, as Auriemma is despised by everyone who doesn't live in Storrs.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
It's strange.... Boeheim is well regarded among his peers. Other coaches say great things about him and they came out of the woodwork to congratulate him when Cuse won the national title. I agree he is snarky and sarcastic and I get why people don't like him. That said, his peers seem to genuinely like and respect him.

Calhoun is generally avoided / shunned by other coaches. He rarely works other coaches' camps or clinics and no one seems to have many nice things to say about him. Even when it was diagnosed with cancer, the messages from other coaches seemed perfunctory rather than heartfelt. Maybe it's a UConn thing, as Auriemma is despised by everyone who doesn't live in Storrs.

Agree here - you're not taken on the staff of the USA National Team if you're not liked at least a little bit by your peers. People have their opinions of Coach K, but he's a damn good coach that knows basketball, and the fact that he selected Boeheim for his staff speaks volumes to me.

On another note, really liked (or didn't like) what I saw from Tyus Battle - he's a guy with all the physical tools to be an elite player in this league. Very impressed by his size and game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
On Battle. A couple times in the second half I thought he was White III. He going to be good in the future

Jax just posted his dunk on his IG and even after watching it a few more times, I must say, when he took off it still looks like he's not going to make it to the rim........ Each time I watched it he still made it...

Animal02

Banned
So yesterday was my first time in the Title since graduation in '83. Incredible improvement in atmosphere etc. The second level was far more impressive than I had imagined. My one complaint.....Those damn RED Nissan adds flashing around the arena. Something should be written into advert contracts that no more than 20℅ of ad space can be red.