Supersize, Gold1, This is for you. Gold Jerseys.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It has been an official tertiary color since the 80s. Prior to then, although it may have been randomly used on jerseys under Dodd and Alexander, it had no official standing.

So what were the secondary colors, if those were tertiary colors?

I do like my share of navy blue GT gear. Just looks sharp.

Basketball shorts being a personal favorite.

There apparently were no secondary colors. No idea why the term tertiary was used other than possibly to at least imply that neither black nor blue was an alternate color. What you like or own as GT gear is one thing; uniforms is quite another. Although I personally don't like the blue jerseys, at least they have been used randomly through the years, and mostly at home during the late 80s and early 90s (due to the NCAA edict), but blue pants and/or all blue uniforms in any Tech sport is IMO atrocious and unneeded.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There apparently were no secondary colors. No idea why the term tertiary was used other than possibly to at least imply that neither black nor blue was an alternate color. What you like or own as GT gear is one thing; uniforms is quite another. Although I personally don't like the blue jerseys, at least they have been used randomly through the years, and mostly at home during the late 80s and early 90s (due to the NCAA edict), but blue pants and/or all blue uniforms in any Tech sport is IMO atrocious and unneeded.

Meh. Free country, but the players' opinions on uniforms really supersede all of ours.

Meh. Free country, but the players' opinions on uniforms really supersede all of ours.
The players only choose from the options made available to them. When blue is offered, they apparently choose blue. Maybe when gold is actually offered, they will choose it. Regardless, and I know I will be lambasted for saying this, but IMO the players' opinions should never trump school tradition, and regardless of the sporadic use of blue through the years, white and gold is our tradition, not blue and anything.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The players only choose from the options made available to them. When blue is offered, they apparently choose blue. Maybe when gold is actually offered, they will choose it. Regardless, and I know I will be lambasted for saying this, but IMO the players' opinions should never trump school tradition, and regardless of the sporadic use of blue through the years, white and gold is our tradition, not blue and anything.

But how do we know that a new tradition will not be started and carried out for years to come. Do they not have that liberty to create?

Btw, how did you like the GT hoops winter whites that said Ramblin Wreck on them?

But how do we know that a new tradition will not be started and carried out for years to come. Do they not have that liberty to create?

Btw, how did you like the GT hoops winter whites that said Ramblin Wreck on them?
I won't be around if and when something that happens now becomes a tradition, but I maintain that new traditions don't have the lifetime of old ones and can't possibly replace them.
I LOVED the winter whites that the basketball team wore. But speaking of basketball, whose "brilliant" idea was it to wear Pitt blue uniforms when we played Pitt? And WTH was up with giving blue shirts to the students for that game. On TV, our student body looked like the Pitt student body. Whether you like blue or hate blue, that was just plain STUPID !!! Incidentally, I sent a recommendation to Pastner for how to handle the visa issue with Gueye's mom (something I received from Senator Isaakson's office), and he sent me a personal email thanking me for what was apparently all new info for him and TStan. I exchanged a couple of more emails with him, and in one of them I asked whose idea it was to give out those shirts. His response was simply "marketing." Well, if that doesn't show how stupid Tech marketing is, nothing will.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I won't be around if and when something that happens now becomes a tradition, but I maintain that new traditions don't have the lifetime of old ones and can't possibly replace them.
I LOVED the winter whites that the basketball team wore. But speaking of basketball, whose "brilliant" idea was it to wear Pitt blue uniforms when we played Pitt? And WTH was up with giving blue shirts to the students for that game. On TV, our student body looked like the Pitt student body. Whether you like blue or hate blue, that was just plain STUPID !!!

New Traditions can't have the lifetime of old traditions unless the old ones end. That's math, not philosophy.

I think Pitt wore black on black, didn't they? They didn't even look like Pitt.

Was that silent disco night? Makes sense that the blue student shirt represents the night sky.

65Jacket

GT Athlete

Navy(the color) fits Duke, Navy, and a lot of other teams. Gold and white are our primary colors and I hate that CPJ let blue be worn as a primary color.

New Traditions can't have the lifetime of old traditions unless the old ones end. That's math, not philosophy.

I think Pitt wore black on black, didn't they? They didn't even look like Pitt.

Was that silent disco night? Makes sense that the blue student shirt represents the night sky.
If our old traditions come to an end, then we will no longer be the Tech of the 20th century.

Yes, Pitt did wear black that night. Never heard of silent disco night, but there had to be other options, such as having it on a different night. The idea of distributing shirts using the opposing team's color, whether they wore them that night or not, to the student body is stupid marketing IMO.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Brother, I am with you on that. I have supported the white and gold since 1956, and have bought season tickets and given a lot of money over the years. There is no way that some 19 year olds should be allowed to choose our uniform colors.